Author Topic: Does VMX in Australia need a refresh?  (Read 38317 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Does VMX in Australia need a refresh?
« Reply #180 on: July 28, 2013, 10:59:08 am »
Come on Slakey lets not dig at MA, its Sunday  ;D 
Some would spend that at the pub on a Friday night easy  :D
Best is in the West !!

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 28, 2013, 11:05:12 am »
From what I saw at Buladelah I believe that there's some good work being done in NSW and that the sport is undergoing a HEAVEN led resurgence. There's still a long way to go until we can get back to the days in the 90's when NSW VMX set the standards but it's all positive. This state needs for the Kumagutza Classic Nats to be a rousing success, if only to inject some much needed confidence back into the sport.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 29, 2013, 03:40:39 pm »
Does VMX need a refresh? Seems ok to me. 2012 Classic Nats a record entry with championship status for every bike class, Connondale Classic next weekend with 180 entries, 2014 Post Classic Nats in Qld in the first half of the year and Classic Nats in SA in the latter half.
Just need to get behind this years DT at Temora and Classic MX at Canberra and it's all good.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 29, 2013, 04:55:58 pm »
are the classic Nats back at Crystal Brook next year.....................................................please?
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 29, 2013, 05:22:45 pm »
No but I understand not far from there. Talk to Freaky.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 31, 2013, 11:05:31 am »
Does VMX need a refresh? Seems ok to me. 2012 Classic Nats a record entry with championship status for every bike class, Connondale Classic next weekend with 180 entries, 2014 Post Classic Nats in Qld in the first half of the year and Classic Nats in SA in the latter half.
Just need to get behind this years DT at Temora and Classic MX at Canberra and it's all good.

We need to ask the riders why the Post Classics failed this year. I considered entering but didn't for several reasons.

1. The track:-  I don't want to ride modern tracks.
2. Cost:- With the meeting being over three days Friday to Saturday the lost income (I work Thursday to Sunday) and accommondation costs just didn't make viable.

How many other riders were the same.

With QVMX running a Club Championship round at Echo Valley this year I hope the track is changed enough.  Echo Valley isn't the track it was.  Even Conondale is going down that track too.

I also think we need to ensure VMX (Vintage Motocross) is a family sport.  What is wrong with having a Pre 90 class for Juniors on 80/85cc machines.

Kevin
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 31, 2013, 05:09:55 pm »
Opportunity knocks for Aussie East Coast VMX

Troy Bayliss Events launch
July 31, 2013
Three-time World Superbike Champion Troy Bayliss today revealed plans to stage two of Australia's largest motorcycle exhibitions in Brisbane and Melbourne in 2014.
MOTO EXPO Brisbane will be held at Brisbane’s RNA Showgrounds on March 21-23 followed by MOTO EXPO Melbourne, which will be held at Melbourne Showgrounds on November 28-30, 2014.
MOTO EXPO Brisbane will feature over 100 exhibitors showcasing the largest range of motorcycles, scooters, ATV’s and UTV's as well as custom, vintage and classic bike displays. Visitors can see product launches, meet special guests and watch live demonstrations across the three days of the event.

"MOTO EXPO is a new and fresh approach to motorcycle exhibitions,” Bayliss said. “We have been working hard to create the perfect blend to showcase the motorcycle industry products and services, to enthusiasts and the wider community.

"Both the Brisbane and Melbourne Showgrounds offer newly renovated exhibition buildings and allow the exhibition to expand outdoors.

“The shows will come to life with test rides, safety demonstrations and racing. It is all there to create a great day out for the whole family," Bayliss explained.

The Brisbane event will also stage a superstars of motorcycling feature event – The 'Baylisstic Scramble' Dirt Track Teams challenge.

The Baylisstic Scramble feature event will take place on Saturday evening and entry into the show will grant access to the 20,000 seat stadium. Five teams of four riders will compete for points across many races to determine the team champions.

A full list of riders will be announced in coming months but visitors can expect to see some of Australia's most successful motorcycle athletes past and present competing along with support races that include, classic and vintage bikes, ATV, side by sides (UTV), mini moto, Freestyle Moto X, Trials and more.

“To compliment MOTO EXPO Brisbane we are bringing such a special competitive motorcycle event to the heart of Brisbane city which is going to be phenomenal,” Bayliss continued.

"The list of special guest riders competing are world class and I always look forward to dirt flat track racing, it's where it all began for me and many other riders, its bar to bar action.”

With the floor plan recently released, motorcycle manufacturers have thrown their support behind the innovative new event. KTM, Yamaha, BMW, Triumph, Ducati, Hyosung, Vespa/Piaggio and Arctic Cat  are all confirmed with many more expected to sanction their attendance in the coming weeks.

Visitors to MOTO EXPO on Friday and Sunday won’t miss out on the Baylisstic Scramble action with special guest riders to participate in Friday practice sessions and demonstration races on the Sunday.

A huge entertainment program featuring freestyle motocross, freestyle trials and streetbike stunts will run over the three days of the event and for the kids, a special come and try zone will be created giving them the chance to get their first taste of motorcycle riding in a safe environment.

For further information visit troybaylissevents.com or follow us on Facebook   

For exhibitor information please contact Mark Petersen [email protected]   
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 05:20:26 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!