Author Topic: OEM Kawasaki Bolts Needed  (Read 1345 times)

Offline AdamN

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
OEM Kawasaki Bolts Needed
« on: January 18, 2014, 07:54:51 am »
Hi,

I am looking for 6 original Kawasaki bolts for the stator cover and sprocket cover. They are M6 x 25 flange head bolts with an 8mm hex (not 10mm), the head is recessed and they have the number 7 on the head like the one in my fuzzy pics,

All I can seem to find is the version with the slightly domed head like modern Kaw/Yam/Hons bolts, or the recessed head style but with a 10mm hex.

If anyone has 5 or 6 laying around that aren't stripped or had the hex head butchered I would be very interested. They are circa 83-84-85 KDX200 but surely they were found on other models. I didn't think finding 1/2 a dozen bolts would be such a challenge :o. If you could help, please let me know, have money, will buy etc.

Cheers
Adam
'82 PE175Z, '92 YZ125D1, '93 WR500ZE, '13 KTM350EXC-F, '16 Husky TE300

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: OEM Kawasaki Bolts Needed
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 11:51:47 am »

Hi Adam

l have 200 engine in the shed, l went and had a look at the bolts but they're too dirty to tell. Pulled one out and cleaned it and its the same domed head bolt as my vinduro kdx250, l had a look at the old '83 250 that's turning into a parts bike and looks like the same bolts as what your looking for. The one I've cleaned to check looks as new. I'll PM you and see what we can work out  :)

Geoff

Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline MaxPower

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: OEM Kawasaki Bolts Needed
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 12:57:14 am »
Did you find these yet AdamN?
I'm just about to put the cases together on my 83 KX125. It's a racer and I don't have a bug up my butt for it to be 100% original. I'm very sure they are 25mm on my bike too.I have no problem running the more current 8mm domed head bolts .Let me get my engine together. Right now I have a pile of bolts and not sure what goes where. If I get down to my stator cover and I have 6 small head 25mm bolts with a number 7 on them I will send them off to you.  I also had all the bolts replated so they are shiny OEM fresh. If you find them before my cases go together I'll put them back on my bike. But don't spend more then a few dollars because I'm going to give them to you.