Author Topic: king of nepean NO SLIDERS ALLOWED  (Read 8130 times)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: king of nepean NO SLIDERS ALLOWED
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2013, 03:20:43 pm »
i am building 2 to ride on club days sick of riding with pre90 bikes
will take 2 sliders and 1 750 triumph to club days next year
250 antig
500 bellini
both longtrackers with brakes

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2013, 03:38:54 pm »
Don't forget our drag races next year Jimmy.....your Trumpy 750  v my Yamaha 750 and your little Champion Elsinore v my Cycle Factory Yamaha. The loser wins a kiss from Jade. :P
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2013, 05:07:13 pm »
I'm speaking out of school , BUT, do we think that access might have a lot to do with declining numbers?? A type of machine that can only really be ridden at a purpose built circuit does make it hard for the average punter to get an opportunity to try riding one, unlike other bikes they're not the sort of things you can drag out of the shed and take up and down the street... Maybe some "come and try" days are In order to be organized by folks with the bikes and the knowledge, I'd love to give everyone the opportunity to see my gumby, uncoordinated backside on a slider and would enjoy any chance to do so, I don't think id be alone either.
I think these are all valid points.
When sliders first appeared on the short circuit (dt) scene they were immediately taken up by the upper echalon of riders because they had two big advantages over the  then current crop of race winning duplex Beezas Triumphs and JAP engines in everything from rigid 3T Triumph frames to duplex BSA.
 The  advantages that I saw were better power to weight ratio and superior steering and handling in a slide.
 In those days the better ones were fitted with the best performing power available, JAP, ESSO JAWA.
  It seems to me that the modern motorcross/trail machines have become so improved in power and handling where as there has been none of the machines like the modern long track coming out to the dirt track events.
 Could it be that the don't know how to go 'round a right hander?  Chicken??
 There has been a few of the up'n comers fronting up on slider type machines powered with engines that fit the mould of 'recognisable brand'as mentioned above mainly on 250s,
If some machines turned up with modern Yamaha , Honda etc larger power plants say 450s it could become very interesting.
pancho
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 05:09:30 pm by pancho »
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2013, 05:15:23 pm »
 How would it go if flat trackers were put in with the sliders at those meetings where sliders are on there own?

Just a thought.
 Cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2013, 06:27:15 pm »
Unless you've got Jade's number Mark, she won't be available as Trophy Girl?
I am a bit reluctant to comment because I've already made a fool of myself on this topic, but I will.
There are a number of factors at play as I see/hear it.
At the end of the day I really want the KON to be an outstanding success as do we all.
Are there enough riders suitably qualified to really showcase Sliders to the public?
Sliders are the hardest motorcycle to ride ever built, you can't ride one at half throttle, well you can but it looks ugly which is why I haven't tried for 30 years.
In 2013 Nepean isn't just a DT venue.
If we really want to showcase the joint and increase it's life expectancy then we have to move ahead.
The Speedway part of the program will be awesome to see on the same weekend as the best Dirttrackers in the country.
Quads this year, maybe even Karts next year? 

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2013, 02:52:22 pm »
I'm speaking out of school , BUT, do we think that access might have a lot to do with declining numbers?? A type of machine that can only really be ridden at a purpose built circuit does make it hard for the average punter to get an opportunity to try riding one, unlike other bikes they're not the sort of things you can drag out of the shed and take up and down the street... Maybe some "come and try" days are In order to be organized by folks with the bikes and the knowledge, I'd love to give everyone the opportunity to see my gumby, uncoordinated backside on a slider and would enjoy any chance to do so, I don't think id be alone either.

I have never ridden one, and would love to give it a go!!!
Cheers

Nada
Honda is the only way to roll!

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2013, 04:52:57 pm »
Send your entries in for the Charity meeting, if numbers are there I'm sure there'll be a class.
Not sure if you'll do 25 laps on one.