Author Topic: Amal  (Read 1555 times)

Offline llewdaert

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Amal
« on: July 09, 2013, 05:48:22 pm »
I would like to buy one or more 930 Amal carbies, I need the float bowl, banjo. banjo bolt, thimble/strainer, so thats[at least] got to be on the carbie. But I am happy to buy the lot.
Newcastle
What'cha got??
Thanks
James

Offline cemotobull

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Amal
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 08:07:42 pm »
James, don't waste time buying worn out Amals, avoid the headaches, you can buy complete carbs delivered to Oz for approx $180, or you can buy all the parts you want from Amal UK, my tip is to buy extra bowl drain washers with your order, they come in handy.

http://amalcarb.co.uk/

Offline Matador107

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 09:22:03 pm »
There's also WASSELL carby's in the UK as well. Anything would be better than an old Amal I reckon. CHEERS.
Bultaco Metralla, Matador MK 5, Montadero mk2, El Bandido model 18,plus lots of bits and two Honda XR's 250,350.

Offline llewdaert

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 09:28:41 pm »
Good Advice, they are well priced.
I am playing with an old triumph T110, and just looking to make it run.
It has come to me as an unknown .The previous owner is deceased.
The previous owner was known as a racer[Bathurst sidecar champ in 1957 I was told]
The motor might even be a hot rod....it has been cobbled together using different age parts[I think]
When I get it to go, it might sound like ....bad. So the project turns in a different direction.
If it sounds healthy, a new carby is warranted. The project moves toward originality
But it is 1956 model and I think the 930 amal is wrong.
So I just am looking to make it run. It will fire with petrol squirted under the slide.
Cheers
James

James, don't waste time buying worn out Amals, avoid the headaches, you can buy complete carbs delivered to Oz for approx $180, or you can buy all the parts you want from Amal UK, my tip is to buy extra bowl drain washers with your order, they come in handy.

http://amalcarb.co.uk/

Offline cemotobull

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 02:53:47 am »
It would of originally come with an Amal monobloc. Sounds like an interesting project though!