Author Topic: 2013 Retro MX Series Round 2 - Dargle  (Read 2271 times)

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
2013 Retro MX Series Round 2 - Dargle
« on: June 12, 2013, 09:11:10 PM »
Dargle on the outskirts of Sydney will be the venue for our next round on Sunday the 23rd of June.

We will be riding with Baulkham Hills again on a track that is a bit different from the area we used when we were last there in 2011. The track will be located further up the valley. This area was used by Baulkham Hills last year. Our Pres, Middo rode at that event and assures us that the layout was very good.

In addition to our Retro MX class there may be an opportunity to ride in one of their senior modern classes as well.

Entries are now open and are once again limited to the first 30 riders. Payment on the day is fine but submit your entry through http://retromx.com.au/online_entry.html to make sure you are on the grid.

Cheers
Shaun

Offline Paul552

• Legend
  • HEAVEN #552
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Retro MX Series Round 2 - Dargle
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 11:01:16 PM »
Is this as a part of the dirt X series?
Just wondering do you only run one VmX class for this meeting? Due to only 30 entrys.

Sorry if it is a silly question!

'77 YZ125D '84 CR250RE '89 CR250RK '84 CR80RE  '09 YZ250F

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 09:25:08 AM »
Hi Paul

Not silly questions mate  ;)

We are guests at selected meetings of the Dirt X series (we will also be at Oakdale on July 14) you can find our calendar at http://retromx.com.au/calendar.htm

We are running just the one all in Pre '90 class so yes that is why we are limited to 30 entries.

Cheers
Shaun

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 10:11:21 AM »
All-in, with capacity classes scored separately.

I'm really looking forward to this - Dargle grasstrack was awesome last time, and this will be my first MX race in ages (frighteningly close to 12 months, now that I think about it).
:)
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 12:42:52 PM »
This weekend is shaping up to be a beauty! The organisers have been out to Dargle this week and report that the complex is a lot drier than they expected and think that if there are a couple of small showers out there before Sunday conditions will be ideal.

We have received a good number of entries which I'm sure will see some great Pre '90 racing.

Sign on will commence at 7.00am and conclude at 8.30am. I will be on the sign on table so come and see me for express service  ;)

Canteen will be open for breakfast and lunch.

Cheers
Shaun

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 05:44:44 AM »
Great days racing at Dargle on a track that was a little challenging for the 500's in slippery conditions. Nathan S was able to put his 125 into good effect consistently serving it up to the big bores which was fun to watch. There were some good battles all the way through the field and some interesting lines taken at times  ;D

Thanks to the Baulkham Hills MTC for having us and we are looking forward to our next event with them at Oakdale on July 14.

Cheers
Shaun

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 11:53:49 AM »
That was a lot of fun - hard work thanks to the conditions, but a lot of fun. Definitely a track to peg back those bloody 500s!   ;D

I was also reminded of the concept of race fitness - riding O30s as well as the pre-90 class left me pretty well spent by the start of the final pre-90 race, and I settled for a pretty ordinary finish after a lousy start.

Big thanks to Shaun and to the Baulkham Hills club for a good day's racing. :) I'm gonna miss the next round, thanks to an unfortunate date clash.  :'(

The real story of the day is "someone" having a totally uncharacteristical dummy spit and packing his bikes away after one race on each.  :D
Even my wife described him as a "fair weather racer"... :D
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline peter l

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 07:53:44 PM »
Had a great day racing and  a big thank you
To Shaun for lending me his yz490 what a weapon
Of a fast bike thanks peter

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 06:44:46 AM »
Hey no problem Pete. Good to see the 490 up the pointy end for a change  ;D

Updated point score is up on our web site http://retromx.com.au/2013_Point_Score.pdf

Don't forget to check our facebook page for latest news - facebook.com/retro.mx

Cheers
Shaun