Author Topic: IT250K motor question, no problem realy but i have a plan, [that's a worry].  (Read 1464 times)

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
I have an IT250K "83 motor that has a hairline crack around part of the base of the cylinder & short of getting it welded i'm wondering if a cylinder off say a YZ250H might have the same bolt pattern [base gasket etc]. I realise the stroke is different, well i think the ITK's 68x70 & YZH would still be the 70x64 without looking, but not worried about that. Being a cheap arse i'll probably put long through bolts screwed into overlong base nuts [or something] to hold the whole lot together. Probably the result of loose engine bolts & a 'still tight' head steady or something. Was given the motor & as it turned out it is the original out of my ITK which has a genuine YZ465H in it [as i bought it]. Thanks.

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
one more question. I still haven't worked out how to start a new topic without starting it via another topic--easy to do but what's the correct way, or doesn't it matter. Cheers.

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
Morley, go to the area you want to start the topic in & before opening any threads there is a new topic tab on the right hand side next to the new poll tab, hit that & go from there