Author Topic: HBBB ready for pre90  (Read 9421 times)

Offline GOOF

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: HBBB ready for pre90
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2013, 04:12:53 pm »
 090   Ur statement is spot on mate !!!

Offline GOOF

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2013, 04:14:04 pm »
yeah what he said  ;D
  Correct statement & answer

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2013, 05:03:59 pm »
Whether i agree or disagree with HBBB is pretty irrelevant, and so is all of this opinion sharing here. Its been proven most recently that not amount of "ground swell" on here amounts to much when push comes to shove and it comes time for people actually do something, if there are so many who want and feel HBBB should be a Pre90 catered event why don't you all get together and write a submission to the organisers of the event, MA and possibly even directly to Drakie. Thats the only thing that may see you getting your way, i do understand that its most relevant to MX and Vinduro as from what i've seen the road circuits and speedway are pretty loose on what goes and ive seen plenty of post 85 stuff out and around those loops without any heads rolling. So maybe for a bit of credibility a joint submission with the signed backing of Viper, Heaven, QVMX etc etc is what you all need to make it happen.,  i'm only guessing but i'd be pretty confident that if you state your case clearly and fairly, with reasonable justification as to why it should be pre 90 you just might get the answer your looking for.

As for me personally, i'm not gonna be having any less fun if i'm looking at a 89mdl CR or YZ whilst i toodle around on whatever 84mdl steed i choose to ride  ;)

Cheers, Brendan

THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2013, 06:25:13 pm »
 OK. I give up already 090.  I'm on your side.
regards  Mark

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2013, 12:38:41 pm »
pre 90 bikes are here to stay either you like it or not, next year pre 90 bikes will be catered for at HBBB, and it want make a crap of difference to the easter weekend, so suck it up and be part of it and enjoy the atmosphere.  

I can't hold back a chuckle at your all of a sudden leaping onto the pre 90 bandwagon Dave. It seems like a fortnight a go you were crying out for us to build pre 65 bikes to maintain the traditions of our sport, even decrying that pre 90 bikes weren't really vintage. Why the sudden change Dave? While my main interest lies in pre linkage or twin shock era bikes and pre 70/65 in particular I can't see why HBBB should shun pre 90 bikes. As long as all if the eras get an equal grab at track time I don't see a problem.

A bigger concern to me is the seeming disinterest in the dirt side of things at HBBB by MA. Jonesy, Frank Stanborough and I attended the Saturday night banquet a couple of years ago and were a extremely pissed off at the self praising attitude shown by the evenings host (some burned out commercial radio hack), co-host Jim Scaysbrook and other officials, just about everyone given a go on stage or thanked for their contribution were involved in the road race side of the event, the dirttrack, speedway and motocross side of things only mentioned in passing. Amid all of the gratuitous back slapping on stage, the bloke who'd organised the whole shebang and had kept it all running so smoothly, Peter Drakeford wasn't given any recognition whatsoever. After two hours of cold, bland food, overpriced bargain bin quality wine and boring Alan Cathcart interviews with so called celebrities that most of us wouldn't have heard of, we left vowing never to attend that part of HBBB ever again. Whatever your thoughts on Drakie, it's bloody hard to ignore his love of the vintage dirt biking and his hard yakka in keeping the Bonanza running smoothly. It was offensive to all involved in the dirt side of the Bonanza to see how little it figured in MA's big picture and equally offensive to see Drakie's contribution ignored.  
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2013, 01:01:04 pm »
pre 90 bikes are here to stay either you like it or not, next year pre 90 bikes will be catered for at HBBB, and it want make a crap of difference to the easter weekend, so suck it up and be part of it and enjoy the atmosphere.  

I can't hold back a chuckle at your all of a sudden leaping onto the pre 90 bandwagon Dave. It seems like a fortnight a go you were crying out for us to build pre 65 bikes to maintain the traditions of our sport, even decrying that pre 90 bikes weren't really vintage. Why the sudden change Dave? While my main interest lies in pre linkage or twin shock era bikes and pre 70/65 in particular I can't see why HBBB should shun pre 90 bikes. As long as all if the eras get an equal grab at track time I don't see a problem.

A bigger concern to me is the seeming disinterest in the dirt side of things at HBBB by MA. Jonesy, Frank Stanborough and I attended the Saturday night banquet a couple of years ago and were a extremely pissed off at the self praising attitude shown by the evenings host (some burned out commercial radio hack), co-host Jim Scaysbrook and other officials, just about everyone given a go on stage or thanked for their contribution were involved in the road race side of the event, the dirttrack, speedway and motocross side of things only mentioned in passing. Amid all of the gratuitous back slapping on stage, the bloke who'd organised the whole shebang and had kept it all running so smoothly, Peter Drakeford wasn't given any recognition whatsoever. After two hours of cold, bland food, overpriced bargain bin quality wine and boring Alan Cathcart interviews with so called celebrities that most of us wouldn't have heard of, we left vowing never to attend that part of HBBB ever again. Whatever your thoughts on Drakie, it's bloody hard to ignore his love of the vintage dirt biking and his hard yakka in keeping the Bonanza running smoothly. It was offensive to all involved in the dirt side of the Bonanza to see how little it figured in MA's big picture and equally offensive to see Drakie's contribution ignored.  

I think that's one of Drakies best qualities Mark, the fact the he'll keep keeping on regardless of opinions, negativity, gratiutide and appreciation or lack there of. He is one of the true "soldiers" in this scene and seems to be able to continue all of his hard work no matter what the knockers say or do. I have had the pleasure of recently working quite closely with Peter on a few happenings in the scene and his enthusiasm, positivity and work ethic towards what he loves is quite contageous. This sport/scene certainy would be much worse off without him and his constant "beating of the drum" for it.  :)

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

albrid-3

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2013, 09:17:55 pm »
The Drake will always give a 110 %, even if he is outvoted on this issue with pre 90, he will soldier on, and the sheep will follow.