Author Topic: FALL ARREST HARNESSES  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Matador107

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
FALL ARREST HARNESSES
« on: April 21, 2013, 07:57:28 PM »
I know this is way off any topic but. We have two full body safety harnesses, along with two safety fall arrest lanyards to attach via karabiner to any safety clip or structure.

My problem is what is the safety clip with the over centre cam action which attaches to a vertical wire rope called. To access a roof on Tuesday we need to attach these devices to a vertical wire rope and then climb an in situ alloy ladder via platforms. The clip is twisted and loaded onto the rope,then a karibiner is attached to it,if a person falls the lanyard pulls the cam over centre and jams onto the rope.

You blokes would be quicker than google I,m sure. Thanks.

PS. As a Bultaco owner (don't laugh) no doubt you know that the first three riders for moto gp tomorrow morning are Spanish. VIVA.
Bultaco Metralla, Matador MK 5, Montadero mk2, El Bandido model 18,plus lots of bits and two Honda XR's 250,350.

Offline Mick22

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: FALL ARREST HARNESSES
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 08:24:13 PM »
Its been a few years since I've had a harness on but from memory, your harness lanyard(with fall arrest webbing) connects to a locking caribiner which connects to the fall arrestor or fall arrest device which is attached to the vertical life line.

If you are using the actual device to climb instead of it being a safety then it is a Jumar
Looking fo a TZ750 anyone with any leads please PM

Offline Matador107

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 09:05:14 PM »
Thanks Mick you put me on the right track,from a bit of google work "ascendar ' is the word. So will get onto my wholesaler tomorrow morning. Cheers.
Bultaco Metralla, Matador MK 5, Montadero mk2, El Bandido model 18,plus lots of bits and two Honda XR's 250,350.

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 09:14:32 PM »
On the wind farm that I work on we use Avanti ascenders (sliders) that attach on to an aluminium rail that run up the centre of the ladders (75m from bottom of the tower to the yaw level of the turbine). On the met masts we use a similar ascender that runs on a steel cable. All our gear is obtained through Capital Safety who are somewhere in Sydney.

CJ
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline Matador107

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 09:35:01 PM »
Thanks Col,they are in Derby St Silverwater,that's not too far from our job site so I will give them a call in the morning, they certainly have some stuff on their web site. Cheers.