Author Topic: 76 RM125 spokes.  (Read 853 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
76 RM125 spokes.
« on: March 12, 2013, 09:16:50 am »
From a bloke on the modern forums:

As title says I need to find out the length of the spokes on the rear wheel of a 1976 RM125... I believe there are 2 different lengths as the hub is larger on the brake side than on the sprocket side. Can anyone tell me the lengths of the straight section of the spokes on both sides of the stock rim?

Alternatively can someone with an OZVMX account ask this question over there... I don't have an account and don't want to bother them by registering only for one question.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

TM BILL

Re: 76 RM125 spokes.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 10:04:23 am »
Still available from Suzuki and not expensive  ;)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: 76 RM125 spokes.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 09:44:30 pm »
More from Dave:

I found out a little more detail... there were aparently two different rear hubs around that time... one with the same diameter both side, the other with larger diameter on the brake side (and therefore needs two different length spokes). I was sent a custom stainless kit and it only came with one length spoke (i now assume its for the 'other' type of hub)... stupidly i cut off all the old spokes as soon as the new kit arrived and then found they werent correct... now im left without any complete original spokes to measure...

As the front wheel has the same brand of new stainless spokes i want to stick with the current brand but i need to find out the two different lengths required to fit the hub as they dont have info on file for this particular hub.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.