Author Topic: Magoo Sayings and the story of Magoo  (Read 2249 times)

XS ive B/Rad

Magoo Sayings and the story of Magoo
« on: March 06, 2010, 09:13:00 pm »
G'day

Boydy, great speech at Magoo's funeral!  I loved your theme of nicknames and stories about Magoo, I am sure we all have heaps of em. As far as I know from that night in Bulladelah you were refered to by the great man as "Ned Flanders"

By the way its great to see the Banana Benders having a memorial! I am sure NSW will be having a few!

One of my favourites was when we were talking about the muslim and christian dilemna ( ASIO will now be watching this thread)

Bruce said to me " Bradley, as far as I am concerned it is a bunch of blokes arguing with another bunch of blokes about who's imaginary friend is bigger than the other" - Bruce the philosopher!

He used to refer to Warriewood as Wally world! He used to work up there and commute from Campbelltown!

Bruce always rang our family on that free Amcor phone as he drove thru Wallabadah near Tamworth, as my wife grew up there and her Dad the school principal was often ensconced in the "marshall Mcmahon hotel"

Only last week he highly recommended keeping Kevin Crossey on the opposite side of the bar from you

;D Sweet memories!

I am sure I dubbed him the honda lovin nancy boy, but i may be wrong on that account!

Did you know he was the Bultaco Club drag queen champion one year circa 2003! He hated admitting to that one!

Ride on fellas and lets never forget Bruce

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Magoo Sayings and the story of Magoo
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 10:41:10 pm »
Not many folks online tonight--floods,hail ,rain and snow, all in the east side.  :o
I was looking for old rain at Docs place with the Suzuki central on high and came across the below

had a smile on the dial, at this one
http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=3290.15
Best is in the West !!

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 11:38:21 pm »
Not many folks online tonight--floods,hail ,rain and snow, all in the east side.  :o
I was looking for old rain at Docs place with the Suzuki central on high and came across the below

Yer , he was unique and so was his sense of humor.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 11:44:25 pm »
Yer , he was unique and so was his sense of humor.

Some cross your path for a glance
some cross your life for a season
some cross your life for a reason

Only met him for 5 minutes... life's a bitch sometimes , I don't think Magoo would want us sad for too long.  8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline BultacoMacca

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 11:25:59 pm »
Brucey, was the typical Aussie bush philosopher, he should have lived waaay outback, with that charming sense of the world of his.
I remember his enthusiasm for setting up the Crawford River Classic memorial trophy races, now he's bound to become a name part of them.
Sadly missed, but he sure left his mark!

Offline Turtle.Inc

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 08:16:31 am »

Would of been the big fellas 53rd today. RIP Magoo
Always looking for Maico parts/bikes, cash paid

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 09:25:34 pm »
Was waiting for the Doors to open at Nabiac MC Museum this Morning, one other car in the car park,, got talking to the Bloke ...{ as you do} Turns out to be a old mate of Bruces !!!!, as soon as he said your into VMX, you might know .......  I knew who he was talking about.  Bruce said, I didn`t say much but when I did it was F~n Hilarious, Have to be Happy with that.   Keep Smilen Brucie Boy.
Couple of CR`s

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 07:48:57 am »
Was waiting for the Doors to open at Nabiac MC Museum this Morning, one other car in the car park,, got talking to the Bloke ...{ as you do} Turns out to be a old mate of Bruces !!!!, as soon as he said your into VMX, you might know .......  I knew who he was talking about.  Bruce said, I didn`t say much but when I did it was F~n Hilarious, Have to be Happy with that.   Keep Smilen Brucie Boy.
[/quote
Great story Birko,the big man touched a lot of people,for a Honda loving Nancy Boy!