Author Topic: Twin shock DT. anyone ?  (Read 3180 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Twin shock DT. anyone ?
« on: May 01, 2008, 02:23:31 pm »
HAd a chap call me trying to sell his Dt 400 ( well thats what it sounded like) he says it yellow, has a speedo and twin shocks and a yamaha im guessing Dt 400 mid 70's?

Any way im guessing if it is then nothing bar the rims if they are alloy i could use as the motor has nothing that can come over to the 360cc mx, at least i know off.

I told him its probally worth $200 and told him i might come over for a look.   IS anyone interested in me following this bike up , he seems keen to sell it.  Could part it out to you iff you cover the cost of it and post what you want if anything as another option for you folks.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: Twin shock DT. anyone ?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 05:51:07 pm »
Be a DT400C. They'd be a pretty good 1973 model bike, but unfortunately they're a 76 model...
Basically a DT360A with a different shaped tank and the 400 motor (which is basically a 400cc version of the DT250A motor), and a bigger front brake.

Will have steel rims, but should have an electronic ignition, which is their only real value... I'll swap the electronic ignition for a points one and some cash.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 07:36:33 pm »
Im a bit interested as I have a dt400 I was going to make into a flat tracker it would be good for parts.jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 07:51:09 pm »
ill try  an see it on sat if i get a chance on the way to club ride.

if it loks interesting enough ill take some pics and ask you to put you money out there before i commit anything.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 07:55:07 pm »
Thats cool Freaky thanks.jimson

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 08:53:14 pm »
Go you halvies, jimson?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 09:43:48 pm »
Nathan that sounds good but if you and I have half each  :-\  whats that bloke called Freaky get  :D jimson

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 09:51:13 pm »
G'day Quicky I didn't mean to jump in mate  :-[  jimson

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 10:18:39 pm »
 :D

Yeah, fair enough.
But then again, a TM250 is worth heaps more than a DT400...  ;D

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 11:42:37 pm »
I dont care about the DT, i just want to know where my TM roller and boxes of parts ended up ? are they safe somewhere or is someone already going through the loose stuff  in a mad crazed swap out, he will never know, kinda situation...........   

Calling TM are you ouuutttttt thheereeee  :'(
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 11:46:55 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 11:51:15 pm »
Jebus lads, you both know how to stress out don't you!

Freaky, your TM is being held ransom at Nathan's Home for Old Yamahas. It will cost you a delivery from Gawler and/or the sale of a DT400 to assure  its safety...  :D ;D

Seriously, its here and waiting for you to pick it up. Breathe deeply and relax.

Quicksilver

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 04:27:18 am »
I dont care about the DT, i just want to know where my TM roller and boxes of parts ended up ? are they safe somewhere or is someone already going through the loose stuff  in a mad crazed swap out, he will never know, kinda situation...........   

Calling TM are you ouuutttttt thheereeee  :'(

Settle freaky...... No one swapping out anything or ratting through your parts. Its save and sound at Nathans except the few bits I forgot to take to cd-5.  I rang you and spoke to you about that so you knew exactly what was what. Not everyone in world is out to rip you off. Certainly not Nathan or myself :o. Take a chill pill mate. Its all ok.  :D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 04:54:36 am by Quicksilver »

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 09:20:20 am »
I think the doc's drugs are working over time in you Quicky.  Your getting ahead of yourself son.   I know it left Raymond terrace with some one and was on it way to nathan at some point.  But have you ever been to nathans ? it could be any where in that shed or in the car yard within a month.  ;D ONce its under all that yamaha stuff it may never be seen again  :P

NAt what ever happened to that YZ i was supposed to be picking up ? is that guy still forking you about about if he is a seller ?    is that the thing from gawler ?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 09:22:27 am by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 09:03:11 pm »
Yeah, getting closer to being sorted.

Main hold-up now is that I need to recover financially from CD5.