5 (12.8%)
Middle of the road ,original and used
28 (71.8%)
Bit rough but race day old faithfull
3 (7.7%)
Old grunge like my stuff.
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Quality preference in bikes.  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Quality preference in bikes.
« on: March 07, 2013, 09:40:51 pm »
I have had a pretty vocal discussion tonight with another VMX enthusiast, that at present is NOT a member or even a "lurker" of the forum. 
Basically I was trying to give my side of the restoration thing . Be it total anal not a speck of dust type, to the cruddy but safe track racer. Me I think all are OK though you may recall my hatred of some "museums" that are nothing but cemetery mausoleums locking fine machines in a sterile clinical never to suck fuel and air into their bores in anger again existence.
Hence the above poll , no prizes no right or wrong votes just curiosity. Cheers Tim754
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 07:17:08 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Quality preference in bikes.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 09:44:15 pm »
I think there's room for every type of example, i too really don't like the attitude of those with 100 point restored bikes who scoff at the mere suggestion of putting them to practical use but that's their right while they are the custodian of the particular machine.
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 06:33:48 am »
Seems like middle of the road it is at the moment. I think there is a case for museums and Garage Queens in so far as you have to preserve aq little history along the way otherwise it all ends raced out and farked.
formerly Marc.com

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 07:21:17 pm »
Not a vestige of any surprise with the poll so far ;) Horses for all courses. Thanks
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 07:38:55 pm »
I have to say I love full restorations to as good as new whether they are used or not my mate sent me this picture of the gt80 I did up it is in his house and he gets it out and starts it every now and then it is enjoyed more by me and my mate that way than it would be being ridden around in lesser condition.

Also I have a pe400 to do to the same standard when I get the time it is all up to the person what they do with their own belongings.

1971 tm400 and PE's