Author Topic: RD/RZ 250-350 motor Used in dirt track  (Read 7319 times)

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: RD/RZ 250-350 motor Used in dirt track
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2013, 08:44:50 pm »

I'm ready to start. Picked up an RD350 for free. Pull the head angle in, lengthen the swing arm, get the weight bias right, cut off all the excess frame tubes and brackets. Motor shouldn't need too much - good set of pipes, some decent reeds, good ignition and a bit of porting should see enough horsepower to start with.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2013, 09:28:53 pm »
Dare you to keep those bars. Always on the look out for air cooled RD cranks $$ paid.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Blowkat

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2013, 09:47:50 pm »
After reading this post , It was something i thought about 20yrs ago, when i came across this, Yamaha TDR 250 . I think they released them in Japan and france. Would be good to have ago at one .

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2013, 10:15:42 pm »
Dare you to keep those bars. Always on the look out for air cooled RD cranks $$ paid.
What do you do with them?

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2013, 10:18:59 pm »
After reading this post , It was something i thought about 20yrs ago, when i came across this, Yamaha TDR 250 . I think they released them in Japan and france. Would be good to have ago at one .
google the YouTube Banshee powered Dirtbike or Google Images the Banshee powered YZ.

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2013, 02:58:16 pm »
Sold TDR250's new where i worked [well i fixed them but don't recall the couple we sold giving any problems as such] for some silly reason the look of them didn't do much for me back then but of course now i want one 'don't i', just for general local road use. Ours by memory were yellow & black [or something similar] Had a couple of RD350's many years ago that i picked up cheap out in the sticks [nz this is]& looked in similar nick to the one above. Was fun getting them going & up to speed [& they 'did' go well too] Had an R5 before that [insurance write off] good old girl & went like hell but in a different more torquee piston port way [& 5 speed]. Remember my brother in law using it for a bit & the slides stuck open as he left our shop & hooked into a wheelie up to the intersection, [which was compulsory!!], slides stuck open & went through the intersection vertical & saved it i might add. Sorry--carry on.