Author Topic: Barleigh Ranch - Dirt Track  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
Barleigh Ranch - Dirt Track
« on: February 12, 2013, 11:18:41 am »
Anyone considering a trip to Barleigh Ranch to ride on the dirt track might want to consider making a phone call to establish the condition of the track before making the trip.

I went there last sunday to get a few laps in and run in a couple of bikes and disapointment was the order of the day >:(

The advertised start time of 10am turned into 11 30 as NO work had been done on the track at all.
The water truck started to amble around after 10 and about an hour later you could ride, but only just.
Braking ruts and rough surface were the order of the day as well as a nice erosion rut about 6" wide at the start of the dog leg.
If that wasn't enough old mate over done it comming into camerons corner and executed a ripper highside with shoulder, ribs and suspected crushed lung the result with a wait of 2hrs while a team of 4 ambos got him ready for the flight to the JH. :-\
A prepared surface would have gone a long way to aviod this.
By 3.00 we had managed about 10 laps.
The odd call in regards to track condition might just motivate the operator into actually preparing the track to a safe and rideable condition ;D
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Curly3

Re: Barleigh Ranch - Dirt Track
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 11:57:59 am »
Makes you appreciate the work done by Tony Garrard at Nepean.
Do we know who old mate was and how he's going?

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 02:05:36 pm »
G day Steve, I don't know who he is but the word was the poor bastard just recovered from some kind of injury that kept him off the bike for a feww months.
He was able to walk to the chopper  but he was not too flash.
Not like the mx victim who was on the rack.
They were also telling me that he was pretty handy behind the bars " in his day" as he was certainly flying in the first few laps  ;D
There was a camera man in the chopper so he might get his mug on one of those hospital shows.
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 05:49:42 pm »
Anyone considering a trip to Barleigh Ranch to ride on the dirt track might want to consider making a phone call to establish the condition of the track before making the trip.

I went there last sunday to get a few laps in and run in a couple of bikes and disapointment was the order of the day >:(

The advertised start time of 10am turned into 11 30 as NO work had been done on the track at all.
The water truck started to amble around after 10 and about an hour later you could ride, but only just.
Braking ruts and rough surface were the order of the day as well as a nice erosion rut about 6" wide at the start of the dog leg.
If that wasn't enough old mate over done it comming into camerons corner and executed a ripper highside with shoulder, ribs and suspected crushed lung the result with a wait of 2hrs while a team of 4 ambos got him ready for the flight to the JH. :-\
A prepared surface would have gone a long way to aviod this.
By 3.00 we had managed about 10 laps.
The odd call in regards to track condition might just motivate the operator into actually preparing the track to a safe and rideable condition ;D

I was there sunday as well , they need a good kick up the back side  ;D on the dirt track sides of it.
they have a couple of young blokes just joy riding, watering the track buy the time they done one lap the track was dry at the start.
It was my first ride there but I have watched a few times there it was same then, they suffed around the bloke running the show needs to come down from the office and check whats going on.
The mx track seems to start on time etc.

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 06:52:37 pm »
The only Dirt Track that we have had to use hand guards. But still had a ball ;D
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS