Author Topic: dr 600 4cycl  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: dr 600 4cycl
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 06:36:18 pm »
 ;D Yep I am impressed. Good move using one of the wet sump CB4's too .No annoying oil tank to fit up.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:58:32 am »
I still personally feel that bikes like this are a waste of effort. I call this a WOT bike. Waste Of Time. Again personally I would get zero thrills making this bike and the test ride would be so underwhelming. The sale price reflects my sentiments. I'd say the high bidder would be more interested in the roller at a guess. I would never put so much time and money into a project like that when you could do up a dr or a cb400 back to its fomer glory and ride it and it would feel good. This bike would be a pig in the bush and maybe okay on the road.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 02:31:23 pm »
Brad my tongue was very much in my cheek ;)  and I agree restoring the CB400 would be neat, the DR600 (of which I rode one identical to the roller pictured ,to work and back for a couple of years) not such a neat item... Cheers Tim754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.