Author Topic: Ash's Speedway Museum Swap and Show  (Read 4105 times)

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
Ash's Speedway Museum Swap and Show
« on: December 04, 2012, 08:59:51 pm »
Just got this from AsH's facebook page, Steve, it might be a chance for you to Slide up and have a look, EA and I are goin'.

http://www.facebook.com/events/530252566987990/

Check it out
Foss

Curly3

Re: Ash's Speedway Museum Swap and Show
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 09:47:05 pm »
Deal. ;D

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 09:56:22 am »
Just went to Ash's Museum after travelling from Melbourne. Caught Round 2 of the Oz titles at Underra last Wednesday, then onto Bathurst. Did the motor museum at the Mt Panaroma, an interesting square barrel Maico Elstar on display as well as a bultaco and a Yamaha Hagon and  some speedway solos and a sidecar. Off to Ash's and he has many of Ivan's Maugers bikes on display. Never seen so many twin bowls, he never lacked for top quality gear. Definitely well worth the stop. On to Kurri for Round 3. First time at Kurri, nice track but I thought I'd got lost when we looked like we were entering the main gates to the industrial station. Weird day, 43 degrees till 5.00pm then it rains just after practice, delaying the meeting a bit. Temp dropped to 25 and the wife was the only one with a wet weather poncho and a jumper as the son and I couldn't see anything but a hot, thirsty night ahead. Racing good and fairly incident free. While good I can't see speedway achieving more until we can get quality tracks a bit closer to the main state capitals. Arrived home yesterday, would luv to do the Troy Bayliss Classic but don't really feel like another big drive. Good luck and heaps of envy to those lucky bastards who get to go.
Rosco86

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 12:59:28 pm »
I'll see some of you at Ash's Speedway Museum for the Swap & Show etc this Sunday, I know you'll be there, Dave #64, Maxxie will probly be there as well, spoke to Barry Collyer he's goin'.
Me an' EA will get there fairly early and go for a blat around the Mountain on the BM.
See yas there
Foss

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 05:08:39 am »
Persisting down here at the River, had a look on the weather radar, more coming, so the BM stays at home, BUGGER, Ash's show is all under cover , soooo, if ya wondering what ta do on a wet Sunday.

Foss

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 09:02:14 pm »
Had a great time at Ash's Museum today, EA and I had a long yak with Kevin and Glenn McDonald, all the usual Short Circuit suspects were there, and the Bikes !! Wow, a full lineup of Ivans bikes, Speedway and longtrack including an ESO with number plates a landspeed record type nose cone and the longest gearing I've seen on a Skidder apparently it was ridden at the Morgan Mile or somewhere like that, didn't take many pix, but here's a few.

A Reg Luckhurst 4v conversion

Ronnie Merrick's Mantossa chookie, looking like it's set up for Temora
[/b]

Here a couple of Dirt Track posters
[/b]

Ash intends setting up a stand alone Dirt Track display, there already are a few Dirt Track bikes on display and with Dave Knox's help that will increase
Foss

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 09:22:43 pm »
Forgot to mention that, at the Griffith meeting advertised in the last poster, was the first time I ran into Barry Collyer,
Naah, wait a minute , it was the other way around !!, Barry and I fought tooth and nail over second place in the 500 C Grade Riverina Champs, yep, Barry second, me third. Shit, he could ride that MX 360 !!

We are still good mates today, Barry was at Ash's today with his youngest daughter, Lisa, who is taking up Dirt Track, she has been riding bike almost before she could walk !!
Foss

Curly3

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 06:34:50 pm »
Just call me Gunna, one day I'm Gunna get there, promise.
Looks awesome Foss and thanks again for the photo's and report.
Ash has done a wonderfull job and I'm disappointed I couldn't get up there, yet again.
I took Tom and 2 mates away for 2 days riding, after a few rides yesterday they wanted to go home, pig's arse, get out there get muddy.
In the end they didn't want to come home.
Cheers, Steve