Author Topic: Hi from Sydney  (Read 2044 times)

Offline markopolo74

• Novice
  • Living Breathing VMX
    • View Profile
Hi from Sydney
« on: January 20, 2013, 08:24:53 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Mark here from Sydney. Joined the site a couple of weeks ago after discovering the site trolling the internet late one night! I was honestly just looking for old bikes :o) (well that's what I told the Mrs!). I missed out on a couple of ebay babies I wanted to land so thought that by joining this site, I might have more luck getting the things that make me happy. I am an old mxer / enduro guy that loved his little YZ50 more than I admit. After all these years, I still have a soft spot for them and I have been chasing them (when they can be found) on ebay for a while. I'd love to get another, try and restore it or if someone has one that is already complete, I'd be keen on talking to them.

After the YZ I moved bikes to the Honda's with a final resting place at Suzuki.

My avatar plays homage to my beautiful little racer ... its not my pic. I got it from bikepics.com ... David W's (under the avatar vmxer) actually ... If anyone knows him and could put me in touch with him... I'd love to talk with him about his bike!

I gotta admit, the 80's and 80's motocross was one of the best times of my life! Mr Motocross at Echo Valley Toowoomba, pissing with rain, cold ... Glory days!

Looking forward to talking more with you all.

Cheers,
Mark
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 08:48:28 pm by markopolo74 »

Offline Big Scotty

• C-Grade
  • Heaven 380
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from Sydney
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 08:46:14 pm »
G'DAY MARK
Good luck finding your bike,i had a 250f which i traded on a 250j,excellent bike, when you get one come to a heaven round an have a ride,nnext you'll be telling the wife the benifits of having two bikes and then three,good luck'plenty of help on here with bikes, not much with wifes.
cheers big scotty
yz400d yz125d yz490k

Offline markopolo74

• Novice
  • Living Breathing VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 08:54:11 pm »
Thanks mate,

Sounds good! I will be sure to keep an eye and ear out for the next Heaven event!

Yea ... isn't it why we build sheds ... so we can fill em up with bikes!!!

Cheers mate,

Mark

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 09:19:29 pm »
Hi Mark, I know of a basket case yz 60 h here in Tassie . Be carefull when you have over 20 bikes the wifes tend to get a bit toey . lol Iain
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline markopolo74

• Novice
  • Living Breathing VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 09:39:23 pm »
Hi Iainyz,

The YZ60's are a great little bike. If had my YZ50 I'd probably take up your offer and want more info, but I'd like to get sorted with the little one first. They seem to be as scarce as hen's teeth ... for good reason, they were a top little bike, with plenty of punch. It was such a pity that Yamaha stopped their production as they could have really been what KTM are today in mini bikes. Such a shame.

Thanks for dropping by. Will see you around the forum I am sure! :o)

Cheers,
Mark

maico police

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 09:42:26 pm »
Hi Mark. Yeah I love the 80's from the 80's
This is my 80 J. It's an absolute rocket-ship and as soon as I sort the suspension, I'm entering it in a pre 85 125 race ( as we don't have a class for them yet :'()

Offline markopolo74

• Novice
  • Living Breathing VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 09:47:24 pm »
Mont,

What a beauty! I first rode an 80J (a mates) in an old quarry where I grew up. It was in 1984. A fantastic bike and it used to haul like a train! A really nice resto mate. Well done! I hope I cross paths with you and see it in action! Long live the 1980's!!!!

JP84

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 09:17:24 pm »
G'day mate, be careful, I found VMX one night as well and next thing I knew I had two old CRs and a YZ in the shed .. it is addictive LOL

Welcome to the fun!

Offline markopolo74

• Novice
  • Living Breathing VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 09:46:40 pm »
Tell me about it JP!!!

Mate ... I have found a million bikes I would like to buy, but can't find the bike I want to buy first!!! Plenty of nice larger bore bikes but I cannot seem to find my little YZ screamer! Oh well ... I guess I just need to keep my eyes peeled and one will turn up!!

A CR500 in the shed mate! I bet shes a beauty and tears your arms off when you twist the throttle!!! Awesome!

Cheers,
Mark