Author Topic: G day to all  (Read 1562 times)

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
G day to all
« on: April 21, 2008, 08:16:43 pm »
Just joined the forum where there is so much good stuff to read,so I thought I better contribute.I started riding vintage last year with QVMX,after a little bit of trail stuff and love it.Ive never ridden mx before so I thought 125s would be good to learn the ropes.So far Ive picked up a YZ125D which is the workhorse,a YZ125X which goes well but looks to pretty to race and a KX 125B which Im still trying to sort to go in pre 85 so I can get more racing on race days.I reckon once Ive mastered these(should take a couple more races)Ill head straight to either a 490 YZ,480CR or 500RM and play with the big boys.They cant be that much different to the tiddlers can they?I picked up an engine and frame for a YZ 125E cheap at a swap meet a little while ago so I reckon Ill punish my wallet(not to mention deprive my wife and kids)and start getting that up and running also.What can you do when youve found your true calling after so many years in the wilderness!! cheers guys Paul

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
Re: G day to all
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 08:40:13 pm »
and gidday to you Paul; pls remind me - what model year is a KX125B?
Are you heading to CD5?
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
Re: G day to all
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 07:56:16 pm »
Thanks Wombat.The KX is an 82 model.Was looking forward to CD5 but $750 repair bill to car torpedoed that idea so hopefully next year.