Author Topic: What bikes would you like VMX to feature?  (Read 24402 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: What bikes would you like VMX to feature?
« Reply #135 on: January 03, 2013, 02:52:47 pm »
I loved the BSA Metisse flat tracker, just when Metisses were becoming as boring as HL Yamaha's, someone took a new tack on one and we see them in a new light. I'm going to shoot and write a couple of good flat tracker pieces over the next year. I'm hoping to shoot a couple at Broadford HBBB this Easter. These bikes are growing in popularity with more and more of them are being built or imported.

One highlight to me in issue 52 may have been missed by some, it bares repeating....... "She was a regular watcher of another Aussie on US TV at the time, that self absorbed tosser Steve Irwin and had some vague idea that the bloke was someone mystical and mysterious. Sorry lady, Irwin made everything out to be bigger and better than it really was, including himself"............ Sweep Rider column by Ken Smith, p3.
 Ken and I are in agreeance when it comes to this idiot. He made a living fuc*ing with animals that didn't want to be fuc*ed with to make himself look the handsome weatherbeaten Aussie Hero to the gullible Yanks. Thankfully his Karma free ride got him in the end. ;D

« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 03:22:25 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

albrid-3

Re: What bikes would you like VMX to feature?
« Reply #136 on: January 03, 2013, 02:56:42 pm »
I would like to see  a page or two about Calder Rally cross, in the early 70`s.