Author Topic: RIP John Glendenning  (Read 2413 times)

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
RIP John Glendenning
« on: December 09, 2012, 12:26:56 pm »
With sadness I wish to let you all know of the passing yesterday of John Glendenning due to illness.

John was the co-founder of the HEAVEN VMX club and until becoming ill, a committee member of our club Northern Districts MCC. John was instrumental in helping us launch Pre '90 racing in NSW. He was a passionate member of the VMX community and will be sorely missed.

On behalf of our club and myself I would like to offer our deepest condolences to John's family at this saddest of times.

I will post funeral details when arranged.

Regards
Shaun Gallaway
NDMCC

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
Re: RIP John Glendenning
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 12:35:34 pm »
RIP John,and condolences to his family.
I met John at the beginning of my vmx journey in the late nineties,and I appreciated his passion for the sport,words of wisdom and help.
Another good man gone.

Craig.

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 12:40:31 pm »
John was a great help to me when I started in VMX with Heaven . He will be missed , Gods speed John . my condolences to his family. Iain Cameron
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline vmxken

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 01:00:25 pm »
That's terrible news and very tragic. Had a lot of fun with John during the early HEAVEN days, he was always smiling.  I've informed his HEAVEN co-founder, Mark Cotterill, of the news as I don't think he's had any contact with John, or anyone else in the vintage scene, for many years.

Ken

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 01:26:51 pm »
Such a tragedy, John was taken out way too early. As it's been said earlier, John was as keen as anybody I ever met in those early HEAVEN days. I can well remember going to BBQ/film nights at his old place in Blacktown and sitting with him and Mark Cotteril listening to their plans for HEAVEN, it was a buzz to be around guys so enthusiastic. Under his and Marks wing HEAVEN got rolling at a quite impressive pace and even though I didn't always agree with Johns ideas and methods of achieving them, there was never any animosity, in fact I think we became better mates because of our philosophical differences (if that makes sense) ::).
. He reminded me a lot of Magoo in many respects.

Despite carrying the burden of his brain tumor he was still hatching plans right up to only a few months ago when he called me to ask about the feasibility of importing a flat tracker that'd appeared on vft.org. Even though my own illness paled into insignificance when compared to his, he phoned and emailed me numerous times throughout the duration to check on my progress. Considering how sick he himself must have been, that really impressed me. I'll miss his crazy plans, miss his phonecalls, and miss his friendship. He fought the cancer for much longer than his doctors gave him so we can all take a lesson from his stubbornness on not wanting to get involved in the dying thing. Sadly, it finally beat him..........Thanks for everything John.  John was vmxmad on this forum.  
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:04:59 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 02:04:01 pm »
They say the mark of a man is the legacy he left behind.

Go to a Heaven meeting and witness the sea of tents, hundreds of bikes and everybody basking in this mans vision.     RESPECT

R.I.P.  John

81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 03:30:43 pm »
Sorry to hear about John, i sold him one of nifties old bikes a while back and noticed that it was up for sale recently.. I am not sure if he had on sold it. Seemed like a nice fellow.
RIP...
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 03:55:07 pm »
Just been advised that the funeral will be held 1.30 Thursday at Palmdale Cemetery on the Central Coast.

You should be able to get full details here http://www.palmdalegroup.com.au/palmdale-scheduled-funerals.asp after the page has been updated.

Regards
Shaun

albrid-3

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 04:48:06 pm »
My condolence to john Family and friends and Heaven Club (RIP John)
Regards
David

Montynut

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 07:28:32 pm »
John as one of the founding forces behind Heaven VMX will be sorely missed by the whole Classic Dirt community. I didn’t know John personally but have heard that he was always a ‘can do’ guy who got on with things.

The fact news of his passing should arrived while the Heaven Committee was actually putting together plans for 2013 would, I hope, please him and give him some satisfaction his legacy is still alive and well. Also I hope that during his final year seeing Heaven VMX and Northern Districts Club working together to try and strengthen VMX in NSW would also please him.

RIP John we owe you mate.  Our condolence to John's family and friends

Heaven VMX
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 08:04:09 pm by Montynut »

Offline middo24

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 08:00:42 pm »
RIP john, I have known john since just before he & mark started HEAVEN, we were mates, he would always do more for you than you did for him, we talked about every thing over the years including paint, utes, enclosed trailers, kids, oh & bikes. johns partner is still trying to sell a few of johns things on Ebay her user name is "rocky18coco05" there is a really nice ORIGINAL 89 cr250 & a new enclosed trailer that he built about 6 months ago (he & his brothers trailer biz) if any one could help her out she would be very happy , caught up with john about 2 weeks ago he wasnt well but he still had fire in his belly & talking about HEAVEN  & NDMCC  :D. his funeral will be on the central coast later this week shaun will confirm the day & time probably tomorrow, RIP JOHN we will meet again we love you mate :'(

just an old fart with a  69 250 Persang, C&J XR500,89 YZ125 ,89CR250 & CRF450