Author Topic: Beautiful yellow tanker CZ400  (Read 5339 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Beautiful yellow tanker CZ400
« on: November 26, 2012, 12:44:50 pm »
This little jewell goes to show that despite the hard financial times that are still with us....quality will always sell. Roger Granger is pretty well known for building some really trick and well detailed racers such as his
190lb TM 400 Suzuki.

FOR SALE
Ad # 3205787 November 24, 2012

Sold. $6,500 Congratulations to Chris Knorr the new owner that has the Cajones to race this monster.

This is my Yellow Tank CZ 400. This is a real vintage race bike set up for 250 lb Pro Level racing. This is the bike you need to win against all the light weight flat bellies out there and show them that 250 pounders can haul azz too. And if you don’t weight at least 225 lbs I won’t sell this bike to you. This CZ is sorted out, race winner proven and a wicked wild ride with CZ handling and CZ reliability. Everything on this bike is new or close to it. Frame is powder coated. Aluminum PFR swing arm. Aluminum rear brake torque arm with chain tensioner. Falta rear brake set up. Factory double pinch lower triple clamps. CZ welded perch handlebars with new CZ levers and dust covers. New CZ cables. New Excel wheels with new bearings, Buchanan Stainless Steel spokes and nipples, New Pirelli Scorpion tires. New sprockets and Ragina chain. New rear Ohlins Classics revalved, Front Special fork kit with springs and new air caps. CZ PFR footpegs. New narrow fiberglass gas tank Caswell coated. New plastic fenders and air box. K&N air cleaner. The Engine is a 981.2 with new bore and new complete top end. Lower end has all new bearings, seals, and clutch plates. Electronic ignition is installed. New folding shift lever. Cylinder is a factory ported and fitted with a new 36 Mikuni jetted for Southern California racing. PFR pipe and silencer. Porcupine head and cylinder. All new nuts, washers and bolts. Now what this bike needs is a real man with the cojones to ride this thing.

Call or text Roger with questions. 626-484-7199
Bike is located in Irwindale CA. 91706 Bill of sale only
     Roger Granger
Irwindale, CA
Phone: 626-484-7199 | Email

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
Re: Beautiful yellow tanker CZ400
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 01:08:31 pm »
yep certainly a good price in this climate.Wonder how heavy the buyer was ? ;D

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 06:09:25 pm »
pity it has a later model head and barrell on it yellow tankers are stright finned and defenatly not radial.if i was to buy it i would put my spare head and barrell on it to make it look like a yellow tanker
jim
400 yellow tanker owner

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 09:42:21 am »
What about the Thor type swingarm and billet brake pedal Jim?I know these are performance enhancements but they give the bike a more "modern" look which jars a bit if you like "Old School" looks.Hamster went to a meet at Glen Helen to have a look around and met up with a few "names" such as Charlie Richardson.He said just about every CZ was running billet clamps,swingarms,etc.Rules over there are a lot more flexible but they do run a class for standard machinery.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 09:49:07 am »
The swingarm is illegal by our rules. Thor didn't make these swingarms prior to 1975, especially for CZ's. Isn't the porcupine head is an aftermarket item?
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 11:10:02 am »
Firko I think the porcupine head and barrel would have been standard CZ items machined by someone like West Coast CZ and cleaned up with blasting.I'm not awarethat anyone like DG sold an aftermarket head for CZs but could certainly be wrong.I've got a porcupine head on a bike but it looks like a home workshop affair with some "overcuts" in places.

Simo63

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 11:21:38 am »
Firko I think the porcupine head and barrel would have been standard CZ items machined by someone like West Coast CZ and cleaned up with blasting.I'm not awarethat anyone like DG sold an aftermarket head for CZs but could certainly be wrong.I've got a porcupine head on a bike but it looks like a home workshop affair with some "overcuts" in places.

Hey Paul do you recall that I told you a friend has a CZ400 motor sitting under his bench?  As you know I don't know much about CZ's at all so I don't know if his is standard or not but to my untrained eye, it looks pretty much exactly the same as this motor with the porcupined fins.  In fact when I first saw this yellow beauty (and it is a stunning looking bike) I thought it must have been the same model motor as the one I know of.

Just thought it might be worth mentioning  ;D

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 11:32:26 am »
I had a porcupine head on my old CZ and It appeared to be factory, it didn't appear to be a home job. I'm searching for a photo of it, it's here somewhere.

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 11:55:50 am »
Simmo,if you could stop mentioning this kind of info on the forum and have another QUIET word to me about this it would be appreciated  ;D ;D ;D.Are you in the land of the brave yet?

Simo63

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 12:00:56 pm »
Simmo,if you could stop mentioning this kind of info on the forum and have another QUIET word to me about this it would be appreciated  ;D ;D ;D.Are you in the land of the brave yet?

Sorry mate  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

No we leave for the US on Thursday .. still in the land of the Ocker  ;D

Offline MauriceR

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 12:24:00 pm »
This is a different look for a CZ straight fin mod that I have never seen before.
http://www.vintageworksbikes.com/1969CZ380.html