Author Topic: Club Bultaco Australia – Spanish Motorcycle Rally 2012  (Read 2991 times)

Offline BultacoMacca

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Club Bultaco Australia – Spanish Motorcycle Rally 2012
« on: September 21, 2012, 11:45:50 PM »
Club Bultaco Australia – Spanish Motorcycle Rally 2012

The 14th annual rally will be held on the 23rd, 24th & 25th November 2012, and is open to all Spanish motorcycles so start polishing up those Bultaco’s , Montesa’s, and Ossa’s and come along for a friendly family oriented event at the 1500 acre “”Rivervale “ property, on the Shoalhaven river, NSW.
Entry to the rally is free but a ride fee of $20 per rider applies, to be paid to the property owners. Most entrants turn up on Friday to make it a long weekend. Everything is BYO, there are unlimited camping sites in the main paddock, a bush loo, and washing/ swimming is in the river. Fishing too if you want to throw in a line.
There is no racing or trophies, just friendly trail rides or for the more adventurous there are sand motocross tracks, an enduro loop and easy sections for trials bikes. There will even be a ride to the local pub if enough road registered bikes turn up. A gymkhana will be held on Sunday morning featuring the ever popular drag race, ride-the-plank, slow race and slalom. At night sit around the campfire and tell a few yarns washed down by your favourite brew with other Spanish motorcycle enthusiasts.

Directions to the rally.
Travelling from the south:
On the Kings Highway between Braidwood and Canberra,
15klms after Braidwood turn right onto Larberts Road, Larbert.

Travelling from the north:
Turn off the Hume Highway at Goulburn to Tarago, and left onto the Kings Hwy to Braidwood.
3klm past the Shoalhaven river “Warri” Bridge and 15klms before Braidwood, turn off left onto Larberts Rd, Larbert.

Drive along Larberts Road for 6km, cross a small concrete floodway on a creek (usually dry), the road changes to dirt, across the cattle grid gate, drive another 1km past the sand pits & turn right into the "Rivervale" homestead - you are there!

For more information give John Somerville a call on 02 62916446
or email: johnsomerville50@gmail.com

MarkB

Re: Club Bultaco Australia – Spanish Motorcycle Rally 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 08:57:17 PM »
How many takers for this great fun weekend?

I know I'll be there.

Offline cemotobull

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 09:50:25 PM »
I'll be there!! Should be a good weekend! What bike(s) are you taking??
Don't forget people, I'm on the hunt for a Bultaco Pursang or Sherpa S, complete and or running, or a project for next season! PM me if you have a Bully you want to sell!!! Cheers!

MarkB

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 08:33:43 PM »
Probably  2x M192, M206, M152 and maybe a M137.

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 08:11:23 PM »
well that was fun,had a fat time hanging with the bully men  8),sitting in the creek drinking beer  ;D,(drowned my ossa mxer in the creek  :(),drank more beer till it dried out ;D,met the legendary Trevor,(man that dude can drink beer :o),weather was brilliant,campfire cool at nite,tad on the warm side daylite but,rideouts into the hills was hard work,never seen so much sand,well it is mostly a sandmining property,suprise was no montys??,(well i thought i saw a cota,but put that down to the beer  ::)),to all you guys that didn't front,guess theres always next year :D, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Tony T

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 08:49:06 AM »
Did ya take any photos, Mick?

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 09:55:47 AM »
How was the Lan-Choo and Iced Vo-Vo consumption Mick? I hear it gets pretty feverish, especially at campfire singalong time 8).
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 11:05:33 AM »
Tony,no mate,(except for the resident peacock doing brekky run through the campsite  ???),figuring you've seen one bultaco,you've seen them all??,shiploads of fronteras but!,no Firko,mostly a few good ports consumed around the campfire,(think they may have matured??)fair bit of heavy metal coming from trev's shed about 2am too,(musically speaking  ;)),plenty people taking piccies,so hopefully they will surface later on?,evac medical gunship airlifted kid with resulted busted bones from flying W over on the "mx" tracks in the other campground was a bummer for all concerned,think i gave the kid & his dad a wave as we went through on our rally trailride just as they were suiting up,(don't think it was an inspirational wave??),was thinking likely more campfire fodder for later on??,ah well, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!