Author Topic: The Economy - Is it just me or are we all feeling it?  (Read 13079 times)

maico police

Re: The Economy - Is it just me or are we all feeling it?
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2012, 12:49:07 pm »
You're making yourself look like a dick Walter (again).... ::)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2012, 01:10:25 pm »
Well , that proves the point , there is fairyland and there is us . ;)
The point I made is . If we all took out the money at the same time , it would show that only a small portion of global wealth really does exist . The rest is just I owe yous on I owe you  . When that bubble can be deflated , the world has a real chance to become a better place .
Yes point taken , that only about 10% actually exists in real money. My point was that this is of no consequence to the current central banking system and thats not going to change as long as the banks own goverments ,police and military. The example is Greece where after the initial rush to invest once it was in the EU everybody saw different and pulled the money out leaving bailouts and debt that the greeks have to pay back to the banks .The bubble didnt deflate , the Greeks just lost there sovereignty and everything else to the banks.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2012, 01:13:36 pm »
Southern European and Slavic peoples are probably the most experienced at bartering BTW. Isn't saving them at this stage.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 03:17:01 pm by motomaniac »

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2012, 02:04:47 pm »
Mark you didnt read my post correctly . 24 ounces will cost you right now $796.80, but you are getting a product that has a value of $899.
And I'd like to suggest that you didn't read my post properly either. Swapping silver for a set of shocks is simple commerce, not barter.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2012, 02:07:05 pm »
Mark you didnt read my post correctly . 24 ounces will cost you right now $796.80, but you are getting a product that has a value of $899.
And I'd like to suggest that you didn't read my post properly either. Swapping silver for a set of shocks is simple commerce, not barter.

He was offering you a discount , not exactly batter , except he would end up with your silver without anyone knowing about it, it would still be registered as yours. Sneaky bugger.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 02:09:31 pm by motomaniac »

Simo63

« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2012, 02:24:37 pm »
Southern European and Slavic peoples are probably the most experienced at battering BTW. Isn't saving them at this stage.

You might want to change that to "bartering" and not battering ... unless you want to get a whole nation offside  ;D

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2012, 02:29:46 pm »
The dictionary definitions of the word barter are....To trade goods or services without the exchange of money.v.tr. Online dictionary
                                                                    to trade by exchanging one commodity for another ....Websters
                                                                    exchange (goods or services) for other goods or services without using money: Oxford
Exchanging silver is not bartering unless I have the silver to exchange. In this case I'd have to purchase the silver to make the transaction which immediately contradicts the concept of bartering. I think my TS90, throttle, grips and handlebars swap for the shocks is more in keeping with the true definition of bartering.

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2012, 03:04:42 pm »
Bloody Auzy banks own all but one bank here in Unzud and stick it to you with there fees and huge annual profits.Just sit here and watch my silver prices rise and banks can go to hell
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2012, 03:16:22 pm »
Southern European and Slavic peoples are probably the most experienced at battering BTW. Isn't saving them at this stage.

You might want to change that to "bartering" and not battering ... unless you want to get a whole nation offside  ;D

thanks.  :o

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2012, 05:36:42 pm »
NOPE I like the battering idea me self-might even go down the bank and give it a go. :)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2012, 10:35:34 am »
The closer we get to a barter system again , the lesser are the chances to get diddled with dud funds , futures ,hedge funds and similar scams that are nothing else but hot air . They can only exist as long as we believe in it .

Sorry Walter ,looks like they are onto it .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21wEQIpZO-I&feature=g-all-u

watch the first interview ( 10min)

Offline mboddy

• A-Grade
  • Canberra
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2012, 01:44:20 pm »
Barter is old hat Walter.
I thought you would be up on this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6uuAupT4AQ
Vinduro Penrite Team
1980 Yamaha IT125G, 1979 Yamaha IT175F, 1984 Yamaha IT200L, 1977 Yamaha IT250D and IT400D