Author Topic: The mess NZ vmx is in?  (Read 8016 times)

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The mess NZ vmx is in?
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2012, 07:09:19 pm »
Bikes can always be arranged, let a young guy who couldn't get his cr125 going use my yz465 in rec class, was good to see it flying in the 2 races he did before I crashed it in last evo race

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2012, 07:30:21 pm »
Thanks Tony ,
 I dont really like riding other guys bikes just in case I come off and break something
 I just done my bucket list on another thread but looks like it may be broken.
start looking for a bike to ride in NZ  (trademe) ;D

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2012, 09:35:07 pm »
I loved it over there on the South Island, loved the laid back atmosphere but as I said earlier, the classings had me a bit confused. The quality of the bikes was amazing as was some of the riding. There were five other Aussies at the same meeting (not counting Gavin Martini who's a Kiwi but races in both countries) and we all loved it. If I was well enough I'd have been going back to Timaru next month but I've decided to wait until next year and hit a North Island meeting. At risk of upsetting my Kiwi friends, I still think that uniform classing between both islands and even Oz would be a positive step.

Firko, to an outside of the South Island their race classings would look as clear as mud  ;D but to them it's just the norm and they haven't changed how they do it probably since the bike were new  ;D which give a ride a lot of races available to him on the day. No good for an unfit buggar like me but great for guys like Bill.
Mark I hope that if you are coming over to a north island meeting it would be great if you could come to the final round (10yrs and 50 meetings) of the series that is run throughout the north island. It would be great if the Auckland Classic Scramble Club had a meeting either the weekend before or the weekend after so you could get to see lots of VMX. If you did decide to make your way down this way (bring that Bazza with ya) your more that welcome to say here but I'm sure going from Auckland to down this way you wouldnt make it because the TM palace is on the way and take it from me it's hard to leave that place  ;D
Brad, don't let Jeff stir you up  ;) because after all you Aussies would have to be the most relaxed and cruisey bunch of VMXers I have ever seen when the world leaders of BBQing let a pom cook and they end up with a chop in between two pieces of bread  ;D plus you know I love stirring you guys up anyway, you should've heard me wind up Joan on the phone the the other day  ;)  ;D and he better send some money over now to get "His 360"  fixed after the chop cooker locked the motor. I suppose it was pay back after I just seized his 125  :-\

If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2012, 10:00:14 pm »
Imho VMX in NZ is very healthy as it is in Australia , in a perfect world i would like a combination of the too ( Australian competitor numbers and uniform classes but with the freedom of not being tied to a faceless governing body, with a combination of the best tracks in both countries )

I dont know a great deal about MA (except their policies prevented 2 of us from riding in the Qld champs this year ) but i know a hell of a lot about MNZ . Should VMX in NZ ever be forced to come under the jurisdiction of MNZ thats the day i hang my helmet up forever .

For a little country at the bottom of the world we have been privaleaged to have in the last 8 yrs had a number of overseas visitors to our VMX events including

Brad lackey
Brad 090
Brent J
Christan Hammergren
Firko
Geoff Ballard
Harry Everts
Jeff Keen
Joan Tite
Joel Smets
Oldfart
Roger DeCoster
Stefan Everts
Stefan Meriman
As far as im aware all of the above enjoyed the events and some are semi regular visitors so we must be doing somthing right  ;D

Vmx means many different things to different people but reading forums like this shows a common theme , Passion  :)

I had the opportunity to ride over there in 2005. I knew no-one apart from the guys I'd corresponded with online and I was somewhat overwhelmed by the hospitality (being fairly shy) and if there were 10 rounds of racing that day I could have ridden 10 different bikes I was offered so many.

I still rate that trip as the BEST VMX trip I have done and thank everyone once again.
Mick, get in touch with the guys and take your gear (haha, inhouse joke). If you break a bike then the owner can come over here and break one of yours!

Do as you are told or I'll tell your folks!
The older I get, the faster I was