Author Topic: Early Broadford Motor Cross  (Read 10363 times)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
Re: Early Broadford Motor Cross
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2012, 09:10:38 am »
Yeh I remember going up with Frankston Club and building fences.  I remember lining up for scrutineering with Brent for the Channel O event before that track was there.

haha 1976 - geez you got a good memory. I only remember the dust and Ronnie D's "where did everyone go" interview

Not too sure about your memory ;D the 'Channel 0' races were late 77, and I think went into early 78.

The main track had been started but not finished. It seems many clubs were involved in building stuff there.
DVMCC had some working bee’s there too and we had our Xmas breakup ride at the venue late 77.
It included the usual activities, Slalom race, a motorbike soccer match and a mono competition in which the ambulance had to take Dave Hammond away again (some things never change)
One day I will sort out the super 8 footage of the day.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Early Broadford Motor Cross
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2012, 12:11:28 pm »
Yeh I remember going up with Frankston Club and building fences.  I remember lining up for scrutineering with Brent for the Channel O event before that track was there.

haha 1976 - geez you got a good memory. I only remember the dust and Ronnie D's "where did everyone go" interview

Not too sure about your memory ;D the 'Channel 0' races were late 77, and I think went into early 78.

The main track had been started but not finished. It seems many clubs were involved in building stuff there.
DVMCC had some working bee’s there too and we had our Xmas breakup ride at the venue late 77.
It included the usual activities, Slalom race, a motorbike soccer match and a mono competition in which the ambulance had to take Dave Hammond away again (some things never change)
One day I will sort out the super 8 footage of the day.

yer I  thought about that later ,either 76 or 77.Ithink at the first channel O event there wasnt anything done to the main track but soon after