Author Topic: kx125 jetting  (Read 2242 times)

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
kx125 jetting
« on: May 03, 2008, 04:57:01 pm »
Had the engine rebuilt on a kx125b1 and it wouldnt run properly.Changed coil and lead,stator etc nothing seemed to make much difference.Today changed main jet to 155 from a 165(recommended for that model),put needle on first gap from top and put in an NGK race plug and what do you know its running heaps better and finding the band.What I wanted some opinions on is am I running it to lean? What are you guys running in your 125s?Aprreciate some input cheers.

Re: kx125 jetting
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 09:31:34 am »
I have found in a general sence that all my bikes, especially the 125's have to run alot richer than they used to. I would go richer on the main so its blubbers and wont run properly, then go back one size at a time till she starts running well. The way i read that you have the clip on the needle(clip is on the top notch) is the leanest setting as well. Start it in the middle and play with it from there.The fuel these days is alot different than the leaded stuff they used to run on. A lean bike = heartache!

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 12:17:45 pm »
Thanks 090,will try this.

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 05:56:58 pm »
brad what are you doing in here owns one
kawasaki and thinks he can take over ;D
anyway brad is right :o paul but if you have come down 10 on your
main from standard generally it should be safe ;)
follow me to first turn

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 06:23:25 pm »
Thanks Rusty,current main is 160,needle 2 down from top.As well as this I advanced the stator plate about 6 mm and WOW what a difference.Front wheel up in 1st 2nd gear then ran out of paddock!!!Just waiting to stretch its legs a bit at Coles Creek (cant make Tambourine).