Author Topic: Casey's Indy Crash.  (Read 1045 times)

Offline T250K

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Casey's Indy Crash.
« on: August 27, 2012, 11:56:24 pm »
 One of the still shots that showed up after Casey's crash showed the bike cartwheeling across the gravel, and caught it standing on the back wheel with the tyre completely off the rim.     Then last week ABC 24 showed a short video clip in their Sports report, all over too quickly unfortunately, but I'm pretty sure from that clip that the tyre was off the rim before his bike left the bitumen.

Would have expected comment from Casey or the Press and haven't seen any, but what are the chances that losing the tyre tossed him off ??  :o.         

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Casey's Indy Crash.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 05:19:40 am »
Every time I've seen the crash including at the time, it looked like the tyre let go & went into a massive highside, looked violent enough to have dislodged it from the rim.
Probably 1 of the most impressive crashes I've seen in a while
Hayden's crash just past the same spot a little while later was strange & proved that there was something strange with the track surface in that section which the riders had commented on

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 11:43:59 am »
tyre came off after it hit the ground
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline T250K

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 02:18:13 pm »
Fair enough Lozza.     In the pics the tyre looked to be off while the bike was still sliding across the road - I was hoping to make it a tyre problem rather than rider error  ;).