Author Topic: YZ brake stay bearing  (Read 1325 times)

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
YZ brake stay bearing
« on: August 23, 2012, 08:01:08 pm »
Is the bearing for the front of the g,h brake stays available anywhere, from memory the OD is 22.5mm.

I've thought about getting hold of a 490 alloy stay & turning up a new mount to be welded on at the right length then finished to fit a standard GE12E bearing which is 22mm OD

Any other options?

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
Re: YZ brake stay bearing
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 12:48:10 pm »
I found the size impossible to get as an aftermarket.  Have you tried Yamatopdog.com and NWVCP ?
Your modification sounds pretty cool.

Pretty sure there is an alternate part number that is the same thing too.  DJRacing knows what it is - you could drop him a PM :-\
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 12:50:03 pm by YZ250H »
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 02:20:05 pm »
Haven't actually looked at either of those places but going off all the other places I've looked the bearing seems to be NLA

Pretty sure the part number DJ put up a couple of years ago is the same as listed on cmsnl & boats.net etc which aren't available anymore.

The reason for thinking about using the 490 stay is that I read about someones 465 that had done the same thing although possibly not using an off the shelf bearing & they mentioned needing to shorten the stay, could have been the english site who have the bike listed on ebay at the moment 

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 03:28:57 pm »
One of these (93399-99906-00) available at Yamatopdog.com (speed and sport).  $43 US, but what is the alternative going to cost ya  :-\

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 03:40:00 pm »
Quite a bit less seeing as I already have 1 for my standard sherco shock which won't be getting used because I went to a much better hand built shock a while ago

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 04:04:04 pm »
Fair Call.  So the Sherco shock has a spherical bearing in it as well ?.
I reckon your plan sounds like the go 8).  Make sure you  post up some pictures so we can see the end result.  At least then you will have a standard size bearing to replace if it ever buggers up  8)