Author Topic: Bud Ekins - the great escape jumper dead ?  (Read 6858 times)

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Bud Ekins - the great escape jumper dead ?
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 05:06:52 pm »
Just as a note of useless trivia.  I was watching a documentary on Jerry Weintraub a well known producer.  He's in his '70's married with kids and has a younger live in mistress.   The younger woman in question, mentioned that her father was Bud Ekins.

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 08:09:48 am »
In reply to firko re  tim gibbes @ cd8. Worked for tim for 20 odd years & i'm still never sure if he's serious or not haha. When the movie first came out we had to set up a display [6 day ajs by memory] at the local theatre, even then when tim was asked the question i think his standard answer was [i really can't say]. He'd be having a laugh [i think] with knocking you back. Wifey & i still help him regularly with his [busy] transponder lap timing set up at our local manfeild road race track. Cheers Morley. [NZ]. ps, i see you've had a stay in hospital, hope things are coming right & all the best from down here. Was looking yesterday at your RT1mx Metisse i think it was--gosh, beautiful.

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 08:19:39 am »
sorry firko, was that a cheney rt1 not metisse!! without looking for it.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 11:35:04 am »
Thanks for the kind words on my health and the Cheney RT1 Morley. It's (and me ::))currently reaching the end of a bit of a rebuild. Even though the bike was pretty nice to look at, it lacked a few finer points to make it a properly competitive pre 70 racer. I've now fitted YSS PD valves to the Ceriani's and done some porting and head work,fitted a new 36mm Mikuni and PVL to the engine. I'm pretty sure it'll be more than competitive now.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha