Author Topic: Broadford 'Auto-cross' circuit use.  (Read 549 times)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Broadford 'Auto-cross' circuit use.
« on: August 01, 2012, 12:12:56 pm »
Hey Guy's,

I was just in a meeting last night with the CEO of MV, Mitchell Recreation Club have been offered the use of the new 'Auto-cross' track at Broadford.  It basically runs through the centre of the 'Channel O' & enduro tracks between the main MX track at the Speedway track.

The cost of using the track is the same as the main mx track, which would mean aproximately 30 riders @ $30 each would see a practise day 'break-even'.

The Auto-cross track is about 1k around and is graded dead-flat for cars to get around, I think there are some elevation changes to catch a little air.  As the track does not have any watering system, use of the track would be critical of timing with the weather.  I have been advised that, pending the occassional booking from the car club that built it, we can confirm use of the track within the week leading up to the day.

Mitchell Club has a ride day at Broadford this Sunday, I will take in a lap of the Auto-cross track to see if it is suitable for recreational/vintage use.  If it is a good ride I will arrange a practise day out there, so stay tuned, I hope & expect a little support from Vic vmx riders for this to go ahead?  ;-)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 12:23:31 pm by John Orchard »
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.