Author Topic: Yes please...  (Read 7365 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Yes please...
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 11:09:53 am »
Perfect Stan  8)
As mentioned above, way too much slop/distance in the swingarm and front sprocket.  :(
cheers us2
Best is in the West !!

Montynut

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 11:21:32 am »
It looks like a Mk15 420cc Pursang, or is a nice copy of one.

It's definitely a copy. The MK 15 used a completely different motor. That motor is probably a mk12. It's a real Mk15 tank though.

I think Mk15 125 & 250s made it to market but not sure about the open class bikes.

Is that right? I wasn't sure if they ever made it to production.

I found the pic on Hugh Weavers facebook page (just search for Bultaco).
I found a photo with more than one 125 in a domestic (Spain) race some time ago while looking for other stuff but I can not find it know. Maybe they were the Bully team bikes not production bikes but at the time it looked like production as the riders were all in different riding gear. I'll have to keep looking.

I miss the days when there were so many interesting brands and all so different in design  :'(
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 11:23:17 am by Montynut »

Offline TooFastTim

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 01:29:50 pm »
Just re-reading my last post and I realised that my statement could easily have been misunderstood as sarcastic. I really don't know how many, if any of the MK15's made it to production. The question "is that right?" was genuine and had no underlying tones. I think I'm already in trouble for my sense of humour in this forum already (sorry Jared..)

maico police

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 01:55:23 pm »
Actually it's a shame to have bastardised such a rare bike (as a newly converted fan to black rims on my yz H, I find they look a little hideous on that thing :()

Montynut

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 01:55:43 pm »
No it wasn't taken as sarcasm. I put in my earlier post that I think they were production bikes hoping someone would confirm or otherwise. I hope they were. A lot of stuff was happening in Spain in '79 to about '82 with companies trying to hang on with finally only Montesa staying afloat due to the Honda take over in '81.

Those Mk 15 Bullies are certainly great looking and shows that it was not the ideas, flare or passion that stopped just the money and economic circumstances. Bugga ::)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 02:03:35 pm by Montynut »

Offline mposs

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 04:05:53 pm »

maico police

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 05:12:51 pm »
The countershaft sprocket on the mk15 in the brochure is a lot closer to the s/arm pivot than on the featured bike. I think it's a bitsa.

Offline Moto

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2012, 05:58:36 pm »
The frame and air box are standard Mk 12 pursang.The engine is probably the same.All the later model mx engines were the same except for bore size.This one has a late model Sherpa ign cover on it.
 The Mk 15 engine was completely different to the older engines,it was based on a Suzuki ? The frame was all new as well.

mainline

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2012, 09:11:30 pm »
The countershaft sprocket on the mk15 in the brochure is a lot closer to the s/arm pivot than on the featured bike.

Only by 175mm or so I reckon, 7" in ye old speak.

Montynut

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2012, 09:55:35 pm »
Thanks mpos looks like they are productioin models but how many made it to market I wonder

Offline TooFastTim

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2012, 04:35:50 pm »
Perfect Stan  8)
As mentioned above, way too much slop/distance in the swingarm and front sprocket.  :(
cheers us2

Wouldn't that also have been a problem with the early long travel Maicos (e.g the Weil reps). Firko? Any Maico fundis?