Author Topic: A day at Undera Part 1  (Read 706 times)

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
A day at Undera Part 1
« on: July 23, 2012, 09:31:49 am »
It's 0530 Sunday morning and I drag my sorry arse (watched the Tour de France) into my mate Andrews work vehicle that he has kindly supplied to cruise up to Undera. Only one problem with the mighty Hyundai, his sons girlfriend got on the gas and spewed everywhere the week before. He (his son)left the car locked up for a couple of days as he couldn't face the clean up job. None the less he eventually made the effort but the waft of parmasan still lingers. Scrape the ice off the window and the weird smelly mucus off the inside of the windscreen and off to pick up friend Andrew who is riding for Team Bultaco today as I have injured my hand and the surgeon has said no VMX for 1 month at least. As Andrew pointed out if I had seen the surgeon this week I could have ridden.Hmmmmm! After some banter and to be honest a few farts we rolled into Maccas in Seymour for a Mclatte served by a miserable little bitch who clearly had a personality bypass. Suitably refreshed we pressed on to Undera. Outstanding morning the sun is up the grass sparkling with dew a light mist and  that silence and anticipation that proceeds a race day. Goulburn Valley boys who were hosting the event were out and about organizing everything with a minimum of fuss. Big thankyou to them. Peter Schoene advises me that son Craig is going to ride after a bit of a lay off. I'm looking forward to this as I've heard he's a bit of a gun. Couple of laps later he's done his knee....a real shame. Ice packs for the rest of the day! Track very slick early with a couple of mud holes, no berms and difficulty picking lines I was told..Jerry