Author Topic: On Any Sunday  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Mudnut

• Novice
    • View Profile
On Any Sunday
« on: July 01, 2012, 10:57:05 pm »
Where do you start to introduce your self to a bunch of people into the same thing as you are !

I'm a paper Aussy who was into a new adventure and emigrated to Perth WA  , I brought a few bikes with me . Been into the bikes since the age of 10 , when we use to ride any thing we could lay our hands on to hack round the local fields much to the farmer dismay . Started out with a stripped Puch Maxi which was purchase for 2 quid (paper round money) & have not looked back since .

Race in the early 80's on a YZ 125 & CR250 in the AMCA around the southern region of UK .  Had ago at side car motocross for a very short while , and then hit the enduro scene .

Always had a soft spot for Four strokes , when at the meetings back in the 80's lined up on the gate with all  the rang a dangs & a CCM would fire up , over all that noise the sound of a four stoke and the smell of castrol R done it for me . After owner a CCM with a BSA plant , I progressed to a JBR 500 which I still own today .

Over the years Ive own a few, race a few, and restored a few like most of you VMXer's , lucky enough to take part in CD 8 last year on a 75 XL which was a absolute hoot until the track turn into soup due the rain ,but still a grin factor of 10 .

So my 4 stroke single passion/addiction  is still a habit I cant kick , but a couple of 2 stokes help me to get a fix once in a while .

So there's my introduction , enjoy, and looking forward to a good yarn with you all

Mudnut

Offline Husabergpete

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: On Any Sunday
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 08:01:42 am »
Mudnut,   Welcome to the OxVmx. The CD's truely are some of the best times every to ride and meet people, now from all over the world really.  Today I was in Udevalla in Sweden and watched one of your old country men smoke em in the slush. Tommy Searle. Outstanding. i was proud to speak English as a first language. and likely to be the only Aussie in the audience.

All the best in the mud.

Pete
KTM 250 1980,  Maico 250 AW 1977, Husqvarna CR 430 1981, , CZ 250 1973 and a 550 Husaberg