Author Topic: Now check THIS one out!  (Read 8224 times)

Offline dfisher

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Now check THIS one out!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 04:57:56 am »
Firk,
Nothing in the Cheney articles or any pictures you haven't already seen.  Will call my friend a 1/2 hour north of home and either have him snap a picture or schedule a visit to take some of the complete bike.  All I have of his are these two.  Looks like a brake rod though and not a cable.

Penton Owners Group - Membership
Facebook Cheney Twinshock Racing Group Administrator

Offline dfisher

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 08:08:30 pm »
Penton Owners Group - Membership
Facebook Cheney Twinshock Racing Group Administrator

Offline flower pot racing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 09:29:19 pm »
The rear mountings on the back of the tank like that are common place on many cheneys

Offline flower pot racing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2012, 09:33:14 pm »
Hmmm,  And this one is pictured on the Cheney website.....  Mark, yours is the only one I have seen with that type of rear mounting.  I'm thinking someone other than Eric added it later.

mmmm just the tank I need for my NOS Cheney Honda frame.  Got the frame, swinging arm, motor all done forks, wheels etc etc.  Tank would be nice as this is how Eric did them (upside down Aberg tank on this bike) but if I cant find one or get one made (which is what will probably happen) I will go for the CR250 73 shape tank (alloy silver / green one) as I think it looks great and will make a nice looking bike.

Just need the time to do it all and that is something I have very little of right now.  Skill and expertise also also required and I am slowly working ion that but know my limits!  Lucky for me a very nice man is coming to see me soon and he'll probably have it away to work his magic.  Should reappear next year some time as a new bike.  Cant wait.....