Author Topic: Honda CR125RG, 1986, almost finished project.  (Read 658 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Honda CR125RG, 1986, almost finished project.
« on: June 06, 2012, 02:52:48 pm »
Got this 95% finished and lost interest. It's been sitting around, untouched for about 12 months now - I figured I should finish it before trying to sell it, but haven't made the time/found the motivation, so here it is...

Been back to a bare frame, and built up from there - all bearings thoroughly cleaned and greased, etc.

New chain and sprockets.
New fork seals, oil and boots.
New rear wheel bearings.
New rear guard.
New handgrips.
New air-filter.
Rebuilt WP shock (modified to take Showa seal - cheaper and much easier to get).
Renthal alloy bars.
Good tyres, seat cover (has taller 250 foam).
Nickel or chome plated pipe (pretty sure its a stock pipe, although the ATAC chamber has been removed, which was apparently the trick for aftermarket pipes?!)
Clutch cover has been Devconed. New seals and bearings.
Motor has spark, good compression, engages all gears and seems healthy.

Stuff that needs to be done/other issues:
Clutch cover re-fitted.
Rubber intake boot (carb to reeds) is missing. Roy Dale has one for not much money.
Rear brake pedal needs to be fitted.
Needs a lower radiator hose.
Frame has been repaired - its an old repair that's obviously holding well, but its a bit ugly (repair is hidden behind the exhaust pipe, so is not obvious).
Some play in the rear suspension linkage. 99% sure I have a rebuilt linkage to go with the bike.

Spares:
Rolling bike, with all plastics (except the seat), good forks, and shock with rusty shaft. This bike has an excellent main frame if you were a worry-wart who was upset by the repair on the other frame.

$1200ono for the lot.
Old pics to give you an idea (will take and post up newer photos soon):

More here.

In Yass, southern NSW.
Can deliver to Canberra, Adelaide/Barossa Valley and possibly Harrow (or points between).
Nathan 04000 23847
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.