Author Topic: Viper Rnd 1 pic's, Videos  (Read 4395 times)

Offline mustanggrahame

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Viper Rnd 1 pic's, Videos
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 01:41:00 pm »
I don't want to be used as an argument that the track was too rough. I may have ended up with a serious injury but this could have happened falling off a ladder. It was my fault not the track's. I do believe that if I had been on an MX bike, not an enduro with the lights off, then the difference in suspension travel and compliance would be the difference between a sore leg/foot or a broken one.
I thought the track was great. It did chop up a bit and end up with a couple of set lines, but overtaking was always possible. Braking bumps got bigger, but they always do. Thanks to all involved.
Cheers, Grahame
RT1, DT1F, MX100A, TY80A, YZ80D, DT125E, CR125RE, 1982 KTM125RV, 1985 Can Am ASE, 1989 YZ250WR, 1991 YZ250WR

maico police

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 01:48:45 pm »
And I'm pretty sure Rob's injury was the result of coming down the wrong way in a second turn pile-up. The sorta thing that happens at any track.

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 02:05:22 pm »
Sorry, wasn't inferring that the poor souls who got injured were having a shot. Just at those who actually commented on it.

John Raine & I commented that in the late 70's if we pulled up to ANY track that was in Monza's condition Sunday we would have thought we were kissed on the preverbial!

I have suffered a few injuries over the years, mostly my fault, sometimes another rider but never the tracks.

From the video I thought that the track did some a favour. Rough enough to discourage lessor riders of attempting things they shouldn't but not bad enough to slow down the good ones.

Great to see Ross jumping only when safe! MY POINT!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 02:09:08 pm by Viper666 »
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?

Offline Stevo17

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 02:08:32 pm »
Thanks to all involved in organising a great day. Yeh the track was a tad rough and I am still sore from the effort but it was still awesome fun - even if I was at the rear end of most of my races   ;D

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 02:15:27 pm »
Just got this in a PM so I guess he wants to remain anonymous so I will respect that & just copy it.

"Well done Perko
I understand that the weather plays a big part in what you do to the track and I think you and Jacko made the right call.  I DID get out and walk the track and saw that you had tried to rip it and stopped, and that someone had been out with a shovel to drain the puddles, (Big thanks to Mr Maico Ken Baker, Perko) so in my eyes you guys had done what you thought was best for the track and the riders.
I had a good day and I enjoyed riding the track and I don't feel it was unsuitable for the vintage riding.  My bike can handle the bumps and ruts, maybe some of these guys should take up road racing then it won't be a worry for them.  I don't know why they shoot their mouth off and criticise someone who is trying to do something positive for Viper.  Any more of this and we'll have nowhere to ride!
Keep up the good work
Cheers"

It is for these guys I & the club do what we do. Dont get me wrong we are no more special than any other club & dont expect outrageous complimants to keep us going. Just a simple "Had a great day, thanks" will suffice.

One thing is I dont know 99.9% of who's who on the forum apart from a couple of obvious ones so I take it personally as it appears that people hide behind an alias to say what they say. Want to constructively criticise, go ahead but do it to me on the day not through some forum. Who knows, you may have something valid we can use but I WILL NOT take it from this.

Always easy to do it from afar.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 02:24:59 pm by Viper666 »
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?

kaw440

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 02:32:22 pm »
Well after talking to many people on the day for feed back on what they thought and liked and disliked they gave me this feed back the track was not up to scratch and yes it did concern some so they pulled out.
This is something i need to know because not all of us are gun racers so for the future of viper i have asked the question i am not saying that no one tried to do their best i am responding to what the club members have the right to do give feed back and coment on what we are giving them.
I myself had no issue with the conditions but i am not going to just stand around and have many coment to me with what they think and do nothing i have to deal with the good and then the shit aswell so all i am saying is that some of viper riders did not like the conditions we have all seen what great work neil has done with the track in the past this time it was not so good sorry for the negative feed back neil not personal but i have to deal with the fast and slow guys who ever pays the money.
If it was up to me we would be on tracks with bigger jumps faster straights harder tracks in general but i am just the dart board at the helm

Offline Scunge

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 02:43:24 pm »
I had a great day, body is still pretty sore, but thats primarily because of my low fitness levels.

The ruts & no rear brake on one of my bikes certainly made be careful, even at my usual snails pace. But that was good to make sure that I did not pull the trigger too much... last time I did that at Monza, a KX250 back wheel tried to chew my jersey off.... >:(

Thanks to Perko, Ballarat Rovers, ViperMX Committee & all the people I spoke with on the day, for an excellent time!! Looking forward to a great year.

Cheers,
Scott Taylor