Author Topic: VMXWA/Pre85MXWA Collie May 5/6 info needed please  (Read 3731 times)

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
VMXWA/Pre85MXWA Collie May 5/6 info needed please
« on: April 19, 2012, 11:26:48 am »
Some info needed for May 5/6

I'm bringing some bikes for a run at the "come and try day" along with some newbie/novice riders
but there is no info about the event on either website concerning what is required.

1, Do you have to be a member of either club in order to ride?
2, Is a 1 event membership required?
3, Is a 1 event license required? (I'm pretty sure it is but they did ask)
4, Is there an entry fee?
5, Most importantly How much does everything cost?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 12:57:09 pm by cyclegod »
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: VMXWA/Pre85MXWA Collie May 5/6 info needed please
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 11:51:42 am »
Some info needed for May 5/6

I'm bringing some bikes for a run at the "come and try day" along with some newbie/novice riders
but there is no info about the event on either website concerning what is required.

1, Do you have to be a member of either club in order to ride? (Yes, one meet membership can be obtained, $15.00 either club)
2, Is a 1 event membership required? See Above
3, Is a 1 event license required? (I'm pretty sure it is but they did ask) (Yes $45.00)
4, Is there an entry fee?  (Yes I believe $25.00 but don't quote me!!)
5, Most importantly How much does everthing cost?

The event is now a race meet (club run) for both clubs, this is due to the fact the VMXWA club members preferrred a race meet rather than a Come try day, therefore the pre85 was unable to have a come try day under the same licence (that is what i have been told) but the pre85 club is still encouraging newbies by running a novice class to accomodate new riders, you can ride anything in that up to pre90

Alison will probably be able to comfirm anything else, why because she can!!lol

Barry
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 12:15:37 pm »
Thanks Barry, pity it's a race day as I was hoping for something a bit more of a casual ride day none of my bikes are even remotely competitive (2x DR250's) and my IT175, TT250, and 89 KX125 are still works in progress  :( :( :( :( :(  I guess atrip to Pinjar forest will have to do.
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 12:21:57 pm »
that's why the pre85 are running a novice class to allow guys to just have a ride
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 12:56:24 pm »
that's why the pre85 are running a novice class to allow guys to just have a ride

For me that's too far to drive for just 12-15 laps over the course of a days racing.
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 01:24:03 pm »
understand
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 01:43:39 pm »
COLLIE EVENT NOW RACE DAY!
Come to the combined Pre 75 and Pre 85 Club event at Collie on Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th May.
Vintage Swapmeet on Saturday at 2pm and bring your unwanted treasure.
Set up is on grassed area.
Classes on the day Pre85 all capacity and novice (newbies) class.
The Collie Club canteen will be selling BBQ packs on Saturday night and Sunday. There will be breakfast and lunch on Sunday so please support the Collie Club.
Please! Could anyone who can bring a flaggie let the committee know. Any help from Club Members towards running the event will be appreciated.
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 07:41:47 pm »
Pre 90 bikes also very welcome!!!!
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 08:36:22 pm »
You've got to commit,Well that's what my modern MX nephew told me Thursday.....
I was committed years ago...... ;D
The swapmeet was scattered through out the camp ground,which was good because it encouraged people to go and have a look s around and general catch up with others....heck "I'm now short $300 ~ XL350 motor and bits"  :P

The Sunday morning sun had broken through the 30 mills of rain,with three vmx straglers only having survived on three hours sleep........Bench racing "gotta love it"
With the smell of bacon & egg burgers being cooked by our faithful Mr J, with the smell wofting over the pits and camp ground,the line started to expand.
55 riders,mates,family and friends with bellies full of food and coffee,the day progressed with the riders brief.
This is the place to catch up on any club gossip or news going on for the race season..
Gee....there was alot of jersey/riding panted people here  :o

Bikes got mud covered and riders faired ok from the down pour on Friday/Saturday..We've had very little rain since November and down she came..no stopping Nature..

The machines on show from the Pre85 club was refreshing to see for an era change....Those riders from back in the day still must have extended arm joints.....Flag persons and spectators where standing to attention with a race from a RM370 and a YZ465.The RM was chasing the Yammie's tail in the pre85 moto's...Just a few more ponies and he'd have had him..  :P ..Love the power...

In the pre75 class's,the new owner of the AJS and fan of Malcolm Davis had made her mark on the track up against the blue Rickman Westlake.What a show to the finish line.That AJS rider was really ringing the turkeys neck -The Welsh do that.. ;)  ;D
The over 55's class also saw some very fast action from the Qld Pre78 National entrance, while on a high training race day.The pre75 #69 Husky sqeezed ever inch of ground out of each corner and available space with Nick F also holding ground with his trusty steed....

Lunch Break was called and the canteen was emptied of all food..Thanks for the club support WAVMX.
Racing continued with all the riders staying for the afternoon's racing.The new freeway north now makes the Perth journey shorter and faster.
BIG thank you too the flaggies,officals,workers,pit crew,family and friends.
The glory days really can come back..we are what we make it  8)
All clean for another day

cheers Alison

« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 01:33:24 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 09:06:19 am »
And i had to bloody work.  I am sure that myself and Christine would have raised the coffers, on the Saturday night, and I know she wasn't happy not being to use her new toy, though she did send down a couple of apprentices to take shots for the pre85 club, hopefully we'll find out today how they went.  Great to see the city boys supporting a small country club
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 01:34:54 pm »
Yer we missed you both...  8)
Here's another from the website of pre75 www.vmxwa.com
Asry leads the pack.This is one girl that has come ahead lap after lap..Real champ.....mmm wonder if Asry would be interested in a trip east  ;)  ;D 

Thanks Bethanie
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 01:39:31 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!