Author Topic: Traralgon race report (sort of!)  (Read 3260 times)

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
Traralgon race report (sort of!)
« on: April 23, 2012, 09:32:41 am »
Driving down to Traralgon yesterday whilst happy to be off to race dissapointed that the rain woke me up before the alarm. None the less it's a happy car Matt my new neighbour is coming for a look (and importantly he's happy for me to tear around in his top paddock!) Great friend Andrew is driving and going to have his first ever race on the slightly untrustworthy MK3 Pursang. Me I'm on my MK6/7. Stop at Macca's in Warrigul for some breaky and a nervous crap x 2. Amazingly Matt and Andrew start a debate going about how good Macca's coffee is! WTF. In the meantime the rains abated somewhat and it looks like it might clear. Nearing Loy Yang both Andrew and I get a call. Coppers updating Andrew on investigation progress regarding scumbags who knocked off $12 K worth of mountain bikes from his shop in Pakenham on Friday night. My phone call a worry as my sons girlfriend collapsed with seizure like symptoms. Being a paramedic plenty of scenarios go through my head but being 2 hours away all I can advise is call 000.Subsequently  she probably just fainted but she will undergo some tests this week. Anyway we pressed on and rolled into the track about 0900. Huge turnout with quite a few new faces. Track groomed to perfection. Stressful time for VCM commitee and East Malvern processing entries recieved on the day (including mine!) Chairman Frank made appeal to those present to PLEASE  pre enter. Remember committe members want to race as well and need time to do all that last minute machine preparation that always seems to happen (if you ride Bultaco's) Also advised that the committe has purchased a defibrillator if any body decides to have a heart attack.  None the less off we went for a a couple of sighting laps. I've never ridden on sand / loam before and I was convinced I hadn't tightened my axle nuts. It was horrible. Didn't seem to bother anybody else though. Hummh. After actually checking my nuts (pun intended) and speaking to Bruce Wilkins who advised go faster and stop being a weak prick and the problem will go away. He was right as usual. In the meantime the sun came out my son rang to confirm his girlfriend was at hospital and all was going well. Big relief.
 Racing commenced reasonably promptly with all the usual suspects up the pointy end. Track perfect with a couple of damp patches to keep you concentrating. Special thanks to the starting line guys who kept things running smoothly with good humour and patience. Well done guys. Good friend Andrew had his first start and whilst not a threat at this stage none the less returned to the pits as happy as dog with 2 dicks. If he can get permission from the financial director at home I think we will see bike on the line. Speaking of which the hard working VCM committee are discussing holding a "Bring a buddy" ride day to encourage existing riders to bring along a mate or two to have a ride in a non race environment to see if they like it. Stay tuned for more details. The rest of the day was a bit of a blur with with I think 5 or 6 starts a strained groin and a detached carby from the MK3. Eventually finished up about 4:30 I think with a good crowd hanging around for the trophy presentations. Off we went home stopping at Macca's in Warrigul again. Positioned ourselves strategically to perve at a couple of supermodels who were dining in. Eventually we had enough and realised we better get home to our respective wives before they sensed that we were having too good a time! In summary a great day great friends, new friends, great track, great organisation.

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
Re: Traralgon race report (sort of!)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 09:35:03 am »
Oh yeah I forgot I saw Yamatragic taking some shots. I presume his fine work will appear at some stage. J

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 04:11:14 pm »
Read this race report more than once,good stuff Jerry  8)  this is what its all about.....  :P
What a Bonza day out, for you and a couple of newbee mates.......
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Devilman

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 07:16:09 pm »
track was primo ... meet ran like clock work east malvern mcc ... sensation!!! No hospitalisation... full classic... full mx  how was the drive home to melbourne??? full torrential...  and the rain was  expo 88

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 08:25:38 pm »
u toast em Devilman??
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline yamatragic

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 08:54:33 pm »

What a great start to the season ;D, many more photos to sort thru' ::) cheers YT

Offline FDR

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 10:27:41 pm »
Love the race report and photo.
Track was sensational, thanks to Traralgon & East Malvern mcc for putting on a superb race meet.
Watching the Herbert & Smith brothers ride pre 75 bikes was a highlight.
Adrian Smith works mechanic had his hands spannering for his two son's 
Lots of smiling faces made for a memorable day.
Thanks to YT for capturing the event on film
See you at round two, Chairman Frank 

Devilman

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 06:31:26 am »
I toasted myself on the way home jimmy.  ;D

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 04:55:33 pm »

Devilman

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 07:50:59 pm »
What a joke pauly. thats not me, or the road to my house house. Looks like a maico rider if u ask me ;)

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 03:49:47 pm »
Congratulations to Frank DeRose and all the VCM boys, magnificent day, track perfect, organisation spot on. After nearly 2 yrs off the bike had a blast, finally the soreness is starting to go away  ;D Lets do it all again at Monza this weekend.

See you there

Ken Maico 54