Author Topic: WTB pre 75 TM250 or similar race bike.  (Read 935 times)

Simo63

WTB pre 75 TM250 or similar race bike.
« on: April 13, 2012, 11:16:53 pm »
Yep I just haven't got the time to build a bike for the upcoming nationals and want to buy your race ready bike.

Here is your opportunity to unload that old race bike bike (provided it's race ready in the truest sense of the words).  Simply let me know what you have got and we can go from there.

Cheers

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: WTB pre 75 TM250 or similar race bike.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 10:58:23 am »
Have my race TM 250L, just waiting for the frame to come back from the powder coaters and to put it back together should take 2 weeks to reassemble.  Can just put it back together as it was ( has won 8 state titles ) and has top 10 nats finishes.  OR you send me the stuff you want fitted,bars grips pegs, shocks etc and ill stick em on.  i can put my fresh motor in it too you just need to check the jetting etc.

Choice of original pipe or Circle F, original bars and controls i think the other ones went onto a pre78 TM for Cystal brook

Do to the fact im going to be wanting to build my bikes in an attempt to get there myself, so if i end up putting resources onto this im going to want $3,500.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 11:08:34 am by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Simo63

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 11:04:06 am »
Hi Freaky.  Thanks for the response, it sounds like a good thing.  I would have considered it seriously however I am buying the ex John Vergotis TM advertised by Firko a while ago.

Cheers
Craig

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 11:12:24 am »
No problemo...
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 11:41:29 am »
Hi Freaky.  Thanks for the response, it sounds like a good thing.  I would have considered it seriously however I am buying the ex John Vergotis TM advertised by Firko a while ago.
Unless John Vergotis's TM has been horribly mistreated since I last saw it I reckon you've picked up a very cool TM Simo. You're not going to find to many TM's with RH top ends for that money these days. I'm pretty sure the bike was only used for dirt track so it wouldn't be all that thrashed either.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Simo63

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 01:35:38 pm »
Unless John Vergotis's TM has been horribly mistreated since I last saw it I reckon you've picked up a very cool TM Simo. You're not going to find to many TM's with RH top ends for that money these days. I'm pretty sure the bike was only used for dirt track so it wouldn't be all that thrashed either.

Thank Firko, I'm very happy about the deal we have made and more importantly I'm stoked to be getting such a fantastic bike.  And to top it all off, John is a fantastically great bloke to talk and deal with  8)

I'm excited and can't wait to get my hands on the bike so I can freshen it up for the nationals ;D