Author Topic: (White Power) WP4054 Oil Level and /or Capacity  (Read 19128 times)

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
(White Power) WP4054 Oil Level and /or Capacity
« on: May 01, 2009, 10:00:43 am »
Does anyone have a specification for the fork oil height on the WP4054 fork. I cant be specific about the model of the bike as fork is a AfterMarket item sold by White Brothers Suspension in USA back in the mid eighties.
At a guess this specification of fork should be the same as 85/86/87 KTM's and ATK's. The fork may have also been used on some of the niche manafactures from the day like KramIt, etc, but not sure.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: (White Power) WP4054 Oil Level and /or Capacity
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 05:22:56 pm »
I'm back on the case of getting these forks sorted for the Broadford Bonanza.
After the last service of the forks, and subsequent ride, the fork seals leaked pretty much strait away. When the forks where stripped it was found that the seals had been turned inside/out, a result of the forks reaching a hydraulic lock, no doubt because there was excessive oil. The oil that was originally added was per previous information on this site which I can no longer find.

Someone out in VMX land must have a document that outlines the process of filling the fork with oil and checking the level and it would be very much appreciated if it could be made available.

Thanks, Rod
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 11:09:33 pm »
hi rod
extend your upper tube completely and add 550cc of 10 weight oil
push the upper tube downwards while holding the palm of your hand over
the end of the tube to create air pressure this air pressure will help to force
the oil between the inner and outer tubes which is very important for setting
oil levels correctly occasionaly raise the palm of your hand slowly to relieve
some excess pressure do it only once and do not raise outer tube again .with outer tube completely
compressed stroke the cartridge until a continous flow comes out
then measure level .standard fork level is 130mm with a range from 120mm to 160mm
hope this helps you rod mine on my RN500 work great
follow me to first turn

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 02:44:35 pm »
Have tried something like that but using a small rod (2mm) pushing gently down through one of the holes in the valve body to open up the valve. In addition you can't compress the outer as the shaft that sits on the top of the spring stops you from doing it.

With the knowledge that the boys have they can't believe that the fork would take more than 350 - 400 ml of oil let alone the 600 that they specify.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline ozktm

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 06:54:48 am »
Have a look here , i have scanned in the manual i had.

Regards,
Adrian Goold #101

'72 KTM 175 |'74.5 KTM 250 |'74.5 KTM 400 |Hagon/KTM 250 proj|'76 MC5 250 Project |'76 MC5 400|'78 KTM 250 Project |'81 KTM 250 MC | '81 KTM 495 MC