Author Topic: the art of subterfuge (ie. how do you get your bikes under the radar)  (Read 4041 times)

211kawasaki

Re: the art of subterfuge (ie. how do you get your bikes under the radar)
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 08:43:58 pm »
I just don't care anymore, been yelled at for the last 20 years over something, did 10 years with the VMX bikes covert style until she got to know what she was looking at, in the last 10 years I just bring 'em home and cop it sweet for a week or 2 until she gets over it.

Doesn't stop her doing what she wants or spending a motsa on useless shit.

Offline BETRIC

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 07:53:24 am »
CONFESSION:
Most of my bikes are yellow so they all look the same to her, I built up an RM250 before her eyes over the year and she never asked were the RM came from. Bikes that I buy from swap meets etc to sell are stored and sold from a friends bike shop, I TELL THE WIFE IT ONLY COST $50-$100 FOR THAT BIKE, I have stored (hidden) bikes behind the garage, broken bikes down into parts before SHE gets home from work, only to be rebuilt later, used the cover of darkness to get parts into the shed, used sheets to hide bikes, hide bikes behind bikes that she knows about, Ebay stuff is sent to a friends address and I use an different email address for ebay transactions, she knows I buy on ebay but has never ask how.

DELTEK, 72 MINI TRAIL, 73/4 XR75, 77/78 XR75, DG MONOSHOCK FRAME XR75, REDLINE FRAME XR75, PK RACING MONOSHOCK FRAME XR75, JWRP XR FRAME, SL70K1, 81 CR80RB, TY80A/B, YZ80A/B/D, GT50/80A, GTMX80A, 73 GTMX, GT1, COOPER MX, COOPER ENDURO,MX360A,MX250B,YZ125X MX100, 72 XL250, TC100,TL125, TY250C,IT250J

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 09:17:53 am »
I think the need to come up with cunning plans to foil the finance minister is only good for us - keeps the brain sharp and with an edge - like being a double agent or something.  I'm always amazed at just how well my mind operates in such moments - operates multi-dimensionally, and usually enough to save the day.  And while I don't like having to do it, you have to don't ya?

Oh yeah, having access to a mate's po box helps heaps.