Author Topic: Bsa frames/seats  (Read 1908 times)

mainline

Bsa frames/seats
« on: May 22, 2012, 11:36:21 am »
Looking for a seat that'll fit a b40 frame. I've found a mob that does a 'universal' scrambles seat bu they're not sure about the b40 frame, they've made it to suit the c15 and b44 etc. I'm assuming the b40 would be the same though?

Offline flower pot racing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Bsa frames/seats
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 05:42:01 pm »
Adrian Moss in the UK does beautiful seats that are well made and reasonably priced.  Find him if you google Rickman Motorcycles (Stroud Glos.)  Not the other bloke in Oxford.  Send him an email and Sue will probably reply as Adrian is not a computer man!

Offline flower pot racing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 05:43:12 pm »
Terry Weedy is also the other obvious choice.  Terry makes great stuff that is well made and very reasonably priced.  Try googling Terry Weedy or Avery Products.

Both are in the UK, but I am sure will post anywhere.

mainline

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 05:46:05 pm »
Thanks mate, i'll look them up and get in touch

Curly3

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 06:03:50 pm »
Keep us posted on how you go Mainline, I've got 2 projects that will need the same type of seat.

mainline

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 10:07:01 pm »
This is the mob I was looking at

http://www.rk-leighton.co.uk/

clutchslip

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 06:45:54 pm »
What Flower Pot said.

Leightons are a seat restorers/kit suppliers only - only any good if youve got a salvagable seat base to start with. Having said that, ive used them, they are fast, quality is good and price isnt too bad, just a little bit below what you pay Adrian Moss for a new replica.