Author Topic: Nepean Club Rounds.  (Read 1780 times)

Curly3

Nepean Club Rounds.
« on: January 23, 2012, 07:51:43 pm »
Feedback please.
Given that there are a lot of guy's that have several bikes in the shed, eg - size & style of bike.
In the hope of raising interest & participation in our club days, could/should we introduce a different " Feature " class at each round?
eg - Sliders, Twins, Flattrackers, 125, 250, the forgotten 350's, the list could go on.
Obviously we'd have to drop one of the current events but it could also be on rotating basis.
I'm sure we could find CO's or individual willing to sponsor each Feature event.
I'll put my hand up for one.
Cheers, Steve

P.S. I reckon it would help drag some interesting bikes & riders out of mothball's at least once a year.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Nepean Club Rounds.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 12:45:10 pm »
 Back in the 'good old' days a common event was the good old "Aces Invitation" which of course included the winners/place-getters of the 'Senior 'A' race and selected riders from other events, say senior or junior 'A' fields and maybe riders that dropped the model or had machine failures etc.

I've been thinking that in club days and modern day 'restricted' events especially, that this would be a good thing to re-establish.

We presently see at Nepean days the slider events are separated from the 'chookies'.

An "Aces Invitation" last race on the programme could put an outstanding slider rider or two from the days racing safely mix it with the other top riders on the day.
 cheers pancho
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 10:19:38 pm by pancho »
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 10:23:33 pm »
 Plus what you say especially about 350s as there are a few old 350s still about. B31 beezas that are 450cc or so could be a prob!
 pancho

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 06:11:44 pm »
 bumpity bump

Curly3

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 08:51:57 pm »
C'mon Sydney Classic Dirt Trackers, surely there's more ideas men out there?
A bit more enthusiasm than just settling for the same old same old.

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 09:01:29 pm »
Hi Steve,
We do it back here, have a feature race ran in the opposite direction of the track for each class then have a ACES invitation. It really sorts the riders out or stuffs em .
Backwards Grasy

Curly3

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 09:05:40 pm »
Yeah Grasy, something to break up the monotony.
As long as you're not known as, Back Door Dave.
Staying dry I hope?

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 09:07:38 pm »
wally
yes that is how most of the dirttrack races were in the 70s but now it is a time factor
lets see the bikes that come to our club days
modern
500cc 2st
450 4st
500 + 4st
250 4st
250 2st
125 2st
classic
251-500
sliders
ladies
juniors
65cc
80cc
125cc
junior and senior sidecars
and both modern and classic unlimited
depending on who turns up that is a lot of racing
aces at the end would have to be modern and classic seperate
all done by 4.30pm
jim

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 09:27:07 pm »
All good got the bikes up high but shit me missus aint happy they are all in the lounge room. No things are not that bad here but there is a lot water in the low lying areas. My thoughts go out to those whom dwellings have been affected. Still nothing like the Brisbane floods last year.

Curly3

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 04:51:30 pm »
I hear what you're saying Jim, we battle to get through 2 rounds sometimes let alone 3.
If a " Feature " event was set into the program of each round at the start of the season, people would know what they can or can't ride.
Had the pleasure this morning of finding 2" of water right through the workshop, courtesy of some macca's crap blocking the drain, had to go out on site to finish a job and will have to deal with it tomorrow.