Author Topic: Bogus FedEx emails  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
Bogus FedEx emails
« on: February 20, 2012, 08:48:39 pm »
Three bogus emails supposedly from FedEx in my inbox today. I'm not expecting any parcels... They all contained zip files,which I obviously didn't open.

I thought I'd mention this seeing as there's quite a few chaps on here who regularly buy stuff from the USA. Be aware, and keep your virus protection up to date.

Tex

mainline

Re: Bogus FedEx emails
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 09:52:43 pm »
get them all the time, usps, banks I don't know etc. My favourites are still the Zimbabwean ones though. Got one a couple of weeks back from "Dr. Dr. Kelloggs Gaki Ubuti" regarding some oil pipelines I should be installing. Piss funny.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 11:31:36 pm »
Rates from the real Fedex are bogus too!!!! :P
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 01:52:18 pm »
I got an email from Safia Gadaffi the other day asking me to help her, her kids and her millions get out of the country since her husbands demise. Should I help her out?
Cheers,
K

Offline IT490K1983

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 09:18:52 pm »
Got the same one from Mrs Gadaffi.

Just on the matter of bogus/dodgy/unsolicited emails. Is there any way of blocking or stopping ones email address being used by these pains in the a#se sending dodgy emails every minute of every day. I run a good virus protection program (Trend Micro Titanium and Malwarebytes) and have my security settings set on medium. Tired of my inbox being filled up with crap.  :'( :'(

mxfool

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 06:17:41 pm »
Yea i got one of those emails and same thing happened didn't open unfortunately i am expecting a delivery from the USA so luckily my virus scanner caught it but i did try to write back  : [email protected] does this ring a bell with anyone just delete.
mxfool