Author Topic: CLASSIC DIRT: Front gate and nearby accomm ...  (Read 1370 times)

Doggy Digger

CLASSIC DIRT: Front gate and nearby accomm ...
« on: February 12, 2012, 08:28:52 pm »

We went to Wallerawang site Saturday, and did mapping for local council's DA.  Basic plans were laid out for the tracks.
There are no amenities toilet/amenities on-site, and everything will be brought in.  The regional area is beautiful.
Seems to be a few heritage towns, and the nearby pubs are quaint and quirky.
-------------

"We can put one here ..."  You can see overgrown track which was used for Four-Day's final day motocrosses.
This will be the pre-1985 track.
Spectator vantage for everything, including enduro loops ... is incredible. Ten outa 10!
------------

This accomm in Wallerawang is only a few minutes away.   It's an old Aussie school, converted.   Looks like large cabin-style
accomm and plenty of it.   Restaurant in there too.
------------

Above is original school room, which is front office.   How cool is this, for the use of a closed-down school site.
Macca is bringing his cane, and you'll get the cuts for corner-cutting.   Spanky town
Macca has booked a bunch of us vics there.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 08:37:41 pm by Doggy Digger »

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: CLASSIC DIRT: Front gate and nearby accomm ...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 08:43:44 pm »
Hey Doggy Digger, the Ballarat brigade were lucky enough (I  hope) to book in at the Black and Gold as well. I hope those noisy Western Australians don't spoil it though :D :D :D

Stan.

Doggy Digger

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 08:46:35 pm »
As long as Slakewell doesn't find out about this, we should be safe!!!

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 09:52:56 pm »
Camping at track too right?
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline AdamN

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 09:55:48 pm »
I can highly recommend the Black & Gold cabins :)

Ads
'82 PE175Z, '92 YZ125D1, '93 WR500ZE, '13 KTM350EXC-F, '16 Husky TE300

mainline

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 10:05:41 pm »
I can highly recommend the Black & Gold cabins :)

Ads

for the love of god can you remove that movie from your signature, i spend hours more on here than I should because of it  ;D

mainline

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 10:08:25 pm »

We went to Wallerawang site Saturday, and did mapping for local council's DA.  Basic plans were laid out for the tracks.
There are no amenities toilet/amenities on-site, and everything will be brought in.  The regional area is beautiful.
Seems to be a few heritage towns, and the nearby pubs are quaint and quirky.
-------------

"We can put one here ..."  You can see overgrown track which was used for Four-Day's final day motocrosses.
This will be the pre-1985 track.
Spectator vantage for everything, including enduro loops ... is incredible. Ten outa 10!
------------

This accomm in Wallerawang is only a few minutes away.   It's an old Aussie school, converted.   Looks like large cabin-style
accomm and plenty of it.   Restaurant in there too.
------------

Above is original school room, which is front office.   How cool is this, for the use of a closed-down school site.
Macca is bringing his cane, and you'll get the cuts for corner-cutting.   Spanky town
Macca has booked a bunch of us vics there.

so can we walk/stagger there from the track?

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 10:35:20 pm »
The Klub Kevlar good 'ol boys and entourage have booked the entire Alexander Hotel in nearby Rydal. It's apparently only 10 minutes from CD9 Ground Zero.

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

mainline

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 10:46:27 pm »
A dartboard with a chair under it, and a heap of empty kegs out the front of the pub. Sounds good.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 11:03:08 pm »
Not to mention the tacky artwork over the fireplace. You've gotta love a bush pub. I bet the beer's good too.

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha