Author Topic: 89 ts250x project  (Read 1638 times)

ts250xSM

89 ts250x project
« on: January 28, 2012, 12:06:52 am »
Hi,
My name is Paul,as the username states,i have a ts250x 1989.I bought it for $650 with a rebuilt engine.Previous owner bought a frame and engine and sourced everything assembled up to this point,got it to rideable and sold it for wedding funds.
It is just a dirt bike currently,but i would like to find the missing cosmetics,original tacho etc or use a vapour and get it roadworthy.
Wiring is stripped for lighting,but stator wires intact.oil mix canister missing so its running premix(I dont mind)
Rear rim took a beating but fine on dirt.So im not looking to do a resto,but to save it and return it to the road:)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us and the girlies(chinese ssssh) bike.She had an 83 XL/XR250 we got running,but was too much work to repair,so chinese bike was an instant fix.

hoping not to offend anyone,but i have ahad a few motards and would like to supermoto it purely for fun,rear drum brakes and all.But keep a set of dirt tyres also cause that is why i originally bought it.heres an example i am unable to get any info on

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 12:29:55 am by ts250xSM »

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 89 ts250x project
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 11:33:21 am »
These were a popular trail bike in my local area (country Vic) back when they came out. Good luck with the restoration.

Tex

ts250xSM

Re: 89 ts250x project
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 12:56:54 am »
thanks Tex..It is a blast in the paddock for me to learn to ride a 2stroke.Powervalve is locked in place to full.its quick without being over aggressive which is great.Plenty bikes,plenty need restoration,but nobody is willing to part them or sell parts im finding:(