Author Topic: For sale or what?  (Read 7552 times)

oldfart

Re: For sale or what?
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 04:37:43 pm »
As a buyer .... If it has a reserve price and it has not reached what I think  it's worth I'll move on as another is bound to come along.

A reserve price is the minimum price a seller is willing to accept for the item.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 05:45:20 pm »
 The only thing I ever sold on Ebay was a collectible car ['74 model sporty] about 4 yrs ago with a damaged & dismantled engine.
 As I figured the hassle and cost of a rebuild would not better the rebuilt value all up, I put a fairly high reserve on it and was advised to put a low first bid [$10.00]. nothing much happened till the last few days then it took off.
 I got $4thou + for it which when added to the cost of the rebuild would have equalled the best possible price I could have hoped for.
 So by selling there was  no need to do all the work and try to find new bits etc at an estimated cost of $5000 plus my lost skin temper and hair.
 I estimated that the market value all fixed and running would have been $9000.
 So I took the 4plus and paid some more creditors from my ill-fated business adventure.
 pancho
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline DJVGXL

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 06:56:26 pm »
" i will let the auction run its course" = i'am bidding on my own item with my other e bay account and will relist in a few weeks time with "highest bidder didn't show up to pick up item "etc etc etc when they have won their own auction. :'(

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2012, 07:31:13 pm »
Not really. That's your choice. Mine is a reserve auction as it works for me. I have had bikes I don't know if they would have sold your way. Especially higher priced ones. There has been a specific auction when a reserve auction has worked for me. When you have a reserve people will bid. Then a bidding war can start, next minute they own it. The other way your chances are that you don't get a bid at all.
Here's a time waster. You're going to bid on a bike and watching it count down to bid at the end, you look at it again for the tenth time as you really want it to find it's been pulled cause someone's asked him what his reserve is and has made an offer he couldn't refuse....

Don't see this way too often by a private seller Make Offer and COD..http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1979-SUZUKI-RM400N-VINTAGE-MOTOCROSS-/261008724923?pt=AU_Motorcycles&hash=item3cc55513bb#payId
Best is in the West !!