Author Topic: Unadilla VMX  (Read 2280 times)

TM BILL

Unadilla VMX
« on: January 23, 2012, 08:25:10 am »

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Unadilla VMX
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 08:47:27 am »
You better go buy some lotto tickets for us Bill....we may need to invest in our own aircraft soon....can you fly?
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

TM BILL

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 09:06:58 am »
You better go buy some lotto tickets for us Bill....we may need to invest in our own aircraft soon....can you fly?

Most of the time Joan  ;) however there are still a few destinations im not allowed into  ;D

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 10:55:45 am »
Now that does sound like a cool event  8). Might have to check with the Minister for War and Finance, to see if she is keen on a camping trip in the USA  :).

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 11:28:53 am »
Sounds like a great event. I'm going to Unadilla in August for the AMA National which I'd already booked before finding out about this vintage weekend. Either way just being at Unadilla will be awesome!

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 11:47:09 am »
I got a bit excited about this event, before checking the calendar to find that it is on the weekend before the Oz pre '78 Nats in Queensland. Still might be able to go to both events, if I leave my bikes somewhere in Brizvegas for the week before the Nats ;).

Offline Kane Mcguire

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 12:13:52 pm »
hey mark, did you get my pm about going to the usa?

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 01:18:33 pm »
I've just had a brainstorm billi, Ken and the boys at VMX mag could send us as roving reporters....all expenses paid of course....we could do Unnadulla 1 week and the Aussie Nats the next.....are you up for it?
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 02:59:12 pm »
I got a bit excited about this event, before checking the calendar to find that it is on the weekend before the Oz pre '78 Nats in Queensland. Still might be able to go to both events, if I leave my bikes somewhere in Brizvegas for the week before the Nats ;).
you know where you can leave them.

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 07:30:11 pm »
       Thanks for the offer Brad. After doing the sums with airfares etc. (approx $1675 p/p return Bris to New York with Qantas or Emirates), I think that this trip would be best done with a bit of forward planning, a longer holiday (maybe including the Diamond Don's event in Texas) and buying a bike over there to ride . So next year might be the go.
       The bucket list for VMX type events continues to grow, with Farleigh VMXDN, Unadilla "Rewind MX" , Diamond Don's, Mid Ohio, Johnny Old NZ and maybe Linkoping, Sweden. Add to that the  regular Aussie must do events like Classic Dirt, pre '78 & post '78 Nats and now MR. VMX and you end up with a pretty full wish list . 

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 08:06:34 pm »
       Thanks for the offer Brad. After doing the sums with airfares etc. (approx $1675 p/p return Bris to New York with Qantas or Emirates), I think that this trip would be best done with a bit of forward planning, a longer holiday (maybe including the Diamond Don's event in Texas) and buying a bike over there to ride . So next year might be the go.
       The bucket list for VMX type events continues to grow, with Farleigh VMXDN, Unadilla "Rewind MX" , Diamond Don's, Mid Ohio, Johnny Old NZ and maybe Linkoping, Sweden. Add to that the  regular Aussie must do events like Classic Dirt, pre '78 & post '78 Nats and now MR. VMX and you end up with a pretty full wish list . 
Mate you're going to have to take a year off work so you can fit them all in!!
Sounds like a plan... :)

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 09:00:55 pm »

Mate you're going to have to take a year off work so you can fit them all in!!
Sounds like a plan... :)
[/quote]
Its just a bucket list . Don't have to do them all in the one year  :D. Just crossing one or two off at a time would do . Only a mega rich , jet-setting VMX Magazine editor type would be able to do all of those events in the one year  ;D.

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 09:10:15 pm »
Oh rats! >:( Why did I blow all that money in my youth on those fast women? Oh...that's right.... I remember now...money well spent! :P I can wait for Unadilla ;D
Kenneth S
Go For It

Heaven VMX Club - Racing No 222 - 79 CR250RZ - 84 CR250RE (Steam Train) - 89 CR250RK

Race Bike History
76 RM125A, 77 RM125B, 78 RM125C, RM400C, 79 CR250RZ, 80 YZ250G, 81 RM465X, 82-83 RM490 Frank Pons Special(Beetle's 81 Race Bike)