Author Topic: New features on OzVMX@Ning  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
New features on OzVMX@Ning
« on: September 14, 2011, 10:39:02 pm »
The Ning site (which I now refer to as OzVMX@Ning to distinguish it - http://ausvmx.ning.com/) seems to be picking up these days with plenty of chatter, photos and videos popping up. Just recently some new features have been added. Here's a quick rundown for anyone who uses that site.

The new Activity Feed makes it easier for members to click and post a status update when visiting the Main Page. It's the small box at the top left of the screen with the shaded text "What are you up to". You can simply post a short status update and click Share to have it added to the Latest Activity column on the left (the 'Activity Feed').

Now as from today, you can also use this function to quickly add a Blog post, Event, Photo or Video. Just click the + sign next to the Share button to add one of these items without even leaving the Main Page.

Another recently enabled feature is a basic picture editor. If you've uploaded a photo, you can use the editor to add text, a few simple effects, or to crop, flip, or adjust things like colour saturation, brightness, and contrast. To access the editor, go to your photo and move your cursor over it - a link to 'Photo Stickers and Effects' will appear. Simply click this to start the editor.

You may be interested to know that Flickr integration was enabled some time back, although exactly what that means is anyone's guess. However, I think it means you can import photos directly from Flickr to OzVMX@Ning. Just use the "Add Photos from Flickr" link at the bottom left of the Add Photo screen. I haven't tried it but I am sure it works.

Finally, as there are more people doing the Facebook thing, I am toying with an option to allow content posted to OzVMX@Ning to be quickly shared to your Facebook page. This is a maybe maybe thing, mostly cos I haven't really figured it out yet. We shall see...

Enjoy!

Graeme M

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: New features on OzVMX@Ning
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 12:28:28 pm »
Live Chats excellent - bottom right hand side. 
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 12:34:32 pm »
Live Chats excellent - bottom right hand side. 
cheers A

Yes we all know you 'love a chat' Alison...  ;D
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 12:37:00 pm »
Yeah, they just released that. You can chat in the Main Room, or have private chat between online members. It might be possible to create extra rooms but I doubt that's needed as I can't see more than a handful of people using it any time. Maybe when we have 20,000 members...