Author Topic: Not stolen but scammed  (Read 2385 times)

Offline Tomkah

• Novice
    • View Profile
Not stolen but scammed
« on: January 09, 2012, 09:17:52 pm »
Hi all,

I had an add on Gumtree as I am looking to buy a Yamaha XT 550 for a little project I am planning to do with my 5yo son (you can't start them early enough). Anyway, guy calls, says he has one, sends me a picture, looks ok, price sounds good.

He says put half ($300) into my account and I'll ship it to you, pay the rest when you have received it, gives me his bank details, voila.

I am thinking "what can happen, I have his name, bank details, phone number, email address, can't be dodgy, would be like holding up a bank with your business card"...well, it was dodgy. So far the money is gone and I am running to the police a lot these days.

Anyway, if anybody ever gets contacted by:

Nicholas / Nick Mole

email address [email protected]

bank details nicholas mole
bendigo bank
bsb 633000
account number 135796332

stay clear of him. Oh, and pls feel free to send him an email.

Cheers,

Thomas
Made in Germany

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Not stolen but scammed
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 09:28:03 pm »
Yes they are doing that a lot these they also try and scam you when you are selling getting the bike then cancelling any payment made.

You wouldn't think you would have to worry to much about it but you do, best thing to do is pay cash on the spot and get the bike there and then.

Also it is so easy to start an email account so they start new ones all the time those details are most likely made up.

It is easier then you think to get scammed I am sure it won't happen to you again though now you know, they are just losers any way don't feel to bad though cause I have heard of much bigger losses than that even though any amount is a pain, thanks Michael.

1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline topari

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Not stolen but scammed
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 10:43:54 pm »
Almost all scammers using a free public email address such as hotmail or gmail.
topari

1979 IT400F, 1984 kdx200